Caimon-Jodorowsky Tarot de Marseilles First Impressions

Mercury066

Hi!

As the title say's, this is only a first impression post. I've received the deck only a few hours ago. I keep a little book where I log all my "Draws" (Is that the word you use in English? If not, please tell me) and I placed the cards in the same position but with my new deck, to see if I had some new insights and get the overall feel.

As some of you know, up until know I have been using the AGM Muller Convos deck, so the very first impression was, "Look at all these colours!" followed by a quick, "What's up with all these black lines on the Major Arcana?" The black lines gave me at first a "dirty" impression of the cards, but I quickly overcomed it after the first hour or so. I have a book by Paul Marteu on the Tarot de Marseille that claims that black lines on the Tarot means resistances we meet along the way. If we were to take this symbolism to the Caimon-Jodorowsky I would say we are in for a treat!

The minor arcana are, in all sense, beautiful in this deck. I just enjoyed so much looking at them, one by one. Again, the colours! The 6 of coins especially, the shade of blue is so beautiful.

As for the Major Aracana, why is the Papesse so pale? She looks like a Ghost. My first conclusion was of the type "Well she is so embedded by knowledge, she is one step ahead of the material world" But I will continue to meditate about this surprise for a few weeks, please, share your opinions on this matter, (the left hand of the Hermit is of the same colour).

Finally, the best feature of this deck, in my opinion:

The top creature on the Wheel of Fortune (Major Arcana X). I said "creature" so as to not to enter on a debate on whether it is a Sphynx, an Angel, a Demon, your lost uncle, etc...

I don't know why, but he embodies such a sense of power, of mysticism, of shadow, of knowledge.. Not in a Black Magic sort of way.. But more in the sense of "There are certain types of knowledge that just can't be shared, even If I told you, you wouldn't understand".

I must say, the Wheel of a Fortune is one of my favorite cards after reading Sallie Nichols book "Jung and Tarot". I just love what she has to say about this card.

Anyway, sorry if the post seems a bit messy, there is so much to say, and even more!