CALLING ALL HPs, HPSs, and RINGMASTERS

tarotbear

Hello!

I have been ringmaster for Samhain and Yule 2001, and Meewah was HPS for Imbolg 2002 'Ritual To Go'.

Is anyone else interested in running a Sabbat? Volunteer now!

The Witches' Sabbats are:

Imbolg Feb 2nd (also called Candlemas and Oimelc)
Spring Equinox March 21st
Bealtaine April 30 (also called Beltane, May Eve, Walpurgis Night)
Midsummer June 22nd ( Summer Solstice)
Lughnasadh July 31st ( August Eve, Lammas eve, Lady day Eve)
Autumn Equinox Sept 21st
Samhain Oct 31 (Hallowe'en, all Hallows Eve)
Yule Dec 22nd (Winter Solstice)

Based on our experiences, the Ringmaster has to have the entire ritual planned in case things don't work out. Also - as soon as one holiday is done it is almost time to start preparing for the next. What Meewah and I found worked best is that you have a 'Preliminary' thread where things are discussed or hashed out, then have a 'Ritual-To-Go' section where only the ritual is posted. You have to post something, wait a day or two so that people have time to respond, make a suggestion about the next action, and wait around a lot.

The next holiday is the Vernal Equinox on March 21 ( give or take a day). That means the rituall should be started no later than 4 weeeks ahead of schedule, or by Feb 21st.

ANY TAKERS?

MeeWah

Tarotbear: I must be nuts :D but I am willing if no one else rises to the occasion. Since you have already led 2 rituals, I can understand the reluctance to commit to yet another!
I practice as a solitary but would revamp any ritual to accomodate a group, as I did with Candlemas/Imbolc.
If the ritual needs to begin by Feb 21st, then a "Preliminaries" thread needs to be posted about now, would it not?

tarotbear

***sigh***

I was hoping to get responses from other forumites.

Kiama

Well, I got an email from ArizonGirl asking me if I would be willing. As much as I would like to, I am a solitary, and not a very experienced one at that! I've only ever celebrated one Spring Equinox! I would not feel confident enough leading everyone else especially regarding the previous rituals led by Meewah and Tarotbear, which were beyond excellent! But I would consider sharing the responsibility with someone else.....

Kiama

MeeWah

Kiama: I have news for you! I have not led a group ritual of this kind previously.
The groups I have led have been meditation & prayer groups; Buddhist ritualistic celebrations for family & friends; committee meetings; groups of children--not sure the last two count :D
So, the group cyber ritual was a first for me.
Should you decide to go for it, both Tarotbear & I highly recommend posting a "Preliminaries" thread first which can eliminate superfluous comments on the actual ritual-to-go.
If you want some suggestions or "coaching", email me.

Kiama

*Kiama throws her hands up in despair* Okay, okay.... You've talked me into it.... *Sighs* I'm just too nice for my own good. ;p

Meewah: You've got mail!

Kiama