candle ritual books

destinyawaitsme

I was wondering if anyone knew any really good books for candle rituals or spells. Thanks

slinky_jo

Sorry, I cant remember the titles, but two authors that wrote good candle rit books are Raymond Buckland, and Gerina Dunwich. If you do a search on them at www.amazon.com I'm sure you will find the correst titles!

purplelady

I know there are some candle ritual books by D.J. Conway, even though I don't have them. She also wrote the Celtic Dragon Tarot and the book that comes with that has candle rituals in it.

Silence Dogood

Am I allowed a dissenting opinion, or will I find my post deleted?

I have read many of Ray Buckland's books and have tried to 'do' his magick...and it just doesn't work. Candle spells, color magick, his Witchcraft book...never had a single thing work for me, yet have had great success with other author's works.

If you go to his 'picta-wicca' book, there is a very funny picture of Buckland giving his walking stick a blowjob! As they say in the 'Mastercard' commercials --priceless.

grailmaiden

I happen to like anything by Cassandra Eason (I've referred to her in another post). Everything she has written is really approachable. She has produced a very good book on Candle Magick.

Grail

Kiama

Quote:Originally posted by Silence Dogood

If you go to his 'picta-wicca' book, there is a very funny picture of Buckland giving his walking stick a blowjob! As they say in the 'Mastercard' commercials --priceless.

*Kiama sits and wonders for a while* Why was he doing that?

Silence Dogood

It has something to do with 'infusing' something into the staff by breathing on it. I'm sure Buckland did NOT think that was how the picture would 'come off', but when he saw the picture, didn't he get a clue?

Rhiannon

Points to Silence Dogood <--- He said "come off" :D

I like Conway's books too.

Rhiannon :)

Emily

I have the Celtic Dragon tarot and the book that comes as a set with it - it does have some good candle magick rituals in it - The decks a beauty as well :)