Cards telling a story

Brighid

Good morning everyone. firemaiden, I am not a writer. When this occurred I was just shuffling a deck and laying down cards in a row. The story seemed to progress as I laid the cards down. I was not looking for anything other than to learn the cards. There was no set layout or intention other than to learn. I have not been at this for very long. I certainly don't pretend to be an expert or anything like that.

firemaiden

Ha, Brighid, all the better ! Tarot is never more potent and wonderful than in the discovery phase. It's a wonderful moment : the cards told you a story, spontaneously, without coaxing, they talked !! Celebrate :) Run with it !

Brighid

Hi Firemaiden, I certainly going to try.

La Force

So. I was laying out cards last night. Not doing a reading and no particular question in mind. The cards started telling me a story. Did not seem to be about me or anyone I knew. Just a story. Like you would read for entertainment. Each card continued the story with no real break. First time this has happened.
Has this happened to anyone else? It was really interesting once I realized it.

Last night I had It happen to me, thank goodness I had read this thread days before. When I read this thread I was thinking that would be cool to experience. Then last night, I was shuffling the cards from the hidden realm tarot, just quitely playing with the cards, shuffle, look at cards, shuffle again look at cards.... My mind was so noisy, thoughts racing through my head. Then I was thinking to myself how can shut off all the chatter going on in my mind, so I can get into the cards more to bond with them, still shuffling, looking, shuffling.....then I stopped, to look at the cards, turned stack over and before me in my hands, from the bottom of the stack, the cards told me the story of what happen, what was causing it, how to move past it, this story took about 20 cards, one after another. What amazed me was it wasnt a reading, yet it talked to me. :)

ETA: Just to let you know the Hidden Realm tarot is a brand new deck, I've only had it for a few days, and I'm not a faries type person either, so this deck has me amazed ATM. I am stoked to experience this, approaching this deck with fresh eyes, like a newbbie, may have given me this experience, which is lovely

Brighid

That is pretty much what happened to me. Now if I can just do it again, but I think I am trying to hard.

La Force

That is pretty much what happened to me. Now if I can just do it again, but I think I am trying to hard.

Maybe ask the cards to tell you a story.

My story began with the page of pentacles, then it took me on an adventure, through the hidden realm. During the adventure the King of Swords, (which is my deck) appeared. So my deck just wanted to tell me a story to help me clear a way all my thoughts racing in my head, to give something else to think about. :)

canid

That is a fun thing to do. I think it's in the book 'Tarot for Writers', but regardless, I think it gives you a deeper understanding of the cards' energy & what it can possibly be telling you. If you're a fantasizer like myself, try it! You never know where it can lead!

firemaiden

[...]then I stopped, to look at the cards, turned stack over and before me in my hands, from the bottom of the stack, the cards told me the story of what happen, what was causing it, how to move past it, this story took about 20 cards, one after another. What amazed me was it wasnt a reading, yet it talked to me. :)

That's a very inspiring story, it sounds like a break through moment. Was it ?

La Force

That's a very inspiring story, it sounds like a break through moment. Was it ?

I believe it is. All this evening I've been repeating what I did last night, and again it tells me stories, this deck has me very intrigued. I am not sure how long this will go on, but I am enjoying the ride. :)

I found, just put yourself in a curious wonderment state, ask the deck to tell you a story, and it does. It's not hard, have a simple mind, keep it simple, you'll see. :)

What I have found, is that once the signifcator card for my deck appears in the story, the story is over. So you will need to find out what your decks card is.

firemaiden

I found, just put yourself in a curious wonderment state, ask the deck to tell you a story, and it does. It's not hard, have a simple mind, keep it simple, you'll see. :)

Again, what serendipity - exactly what I was thinking of posting about ! the "curious wonderment state" that was so powerful for me when I first "discovered" tarot, and didn't know a thing about it. I really miss that feeling of how it all felt when it was brand new. How to get into that state ? Hmmm.