Cards to describe someone with OCD?

KMilliron

Or DOC as my friends call it when they're picking on me xD I prefer doing personality and introspective kind of readings, so I was just wondering what kind of cards could represent someone like this? And I'm not talking the "clean clean clean" kind, but the kind that like count their steps or eat their food a certain way.

I'd say maybe the sword court but I'm not too sure. Thoughts?

Amanda

I would think the Magician.

KMilliron

I would think the Magician.

I suppose it depends on the deck and how carefully sorted his little display is haha. Now I'll have to look through my decks and study our little magic friend ^_^

WalesWoman

I don't understand how the Magician would be OCD... unless you are thinking of it as going through a formula based on "magical thinking".

My thoughts would be more towards 8 Pentacles, doing something repetitive and/or repeatedly in order get expected results.

Another would be 7 Swords, making sure to take a specific action to avoid dire consequences.

Another might be a reversed Emperor because OCD is all about trying to control the environment so that no harm comes to their person, their family, home or work environment... basically to keep the kingdom running smoothly.

KMilliron

Seven of swords OCD? I relate to that card a lot. Definitely a possibility to look more into :D

Amanda

Because the Magician is a perfectionist.

leelee

I didn't think that OCD was about perfection though - it is more about obsession wouldn't you say

lilangel09

7 of Cups

Amanda

I suspect people with OCD have an over-active Magician in their life. "Obsessed" with perfecting something, controlling it. They feel compelled to do something... whether that makes sense to others or not... it is their own kind of "perfection" technique.