Chart for a day yet to come

Silverlotus

I'm curious if it is possible to do a reading for a specific day to see if it is an auspicious day to hold a certain event. If it is, how would one going about doing it? I've only seen information on natal charts, not event or day charts.

AquarianGoddess

Silverlotus,

Not only is it possible, it's done all the time.

You would run the chart just as you would any other chart (date, time, place). However, the difference is in interpretation, which is then geared toward the type of event (wedding, new job, etc.)

AG

Silverlotus

Thanks. I guess that makes sense. :) I'm glad to know that it is something that is done.

isthmus nekoi

A quick and dirty way to gauge the 'weather' of an upcoming day is to check out which sign the moon is in and which phase. Moon is a subtle influence, but an easy way to get a feel for the predominant emotional state in a very generalized way. A picnic under a Libra moon might end up a little different than one under Scorpio :D

Silverlotus

Oh, thanks isthmus nekoi. The day want to look at is the tentative date for my wedding. And it just might be outside.

Minderwiz

Just one additional thought but perhaps an important one.

If you want to choose an auspicious day for your wedding then I would check for other things than just the weather - for example I think you would much prefer a chart that leant towards living happily ever after and had a strong possiblity of rain as against one which suggested blue skies and Sun but also suggested a life of continual arguments and bickering.

You can't get everything right but you can chose the moment that indicates the best chance of success.

If the weather is all that you want to predict then it is possible to do weather prediction from a chart - though I must admit I have not seen any examples of it.

isthmus nekoi

oh, realized I didn't make it clear that by 'weather' I meant psychological weather! :p But knowing the real weather is cool too.

Silverlotus

I get it. I understand. :)

Royal Cat

Great question Silverlotus!

I'm finding this discussion quite fascinating. I hadn't really thought of having a chart for any day besides a brthday - but it makes sense... why not do a chart for the day your marriage is "born"? :)
So, out of curiousity I plugged in my wedding date on astro.com. Now I'm at a loss what to do next. :( Would I look at the chart as an entirely seperate "being" - or do I try to evaluate the marriage chart based on a combination along with my husband's and my own chart? I'm so confused.

And best wishes to you, Silverlotus, on your upcoming wedding. Happy planning. :)

Cat

AquarianGoddess

Royal Cat,

I'd begin with the ascendant sign, then the ascendant ruler (if Pisces is rising then Neptune rules the chart), where the ruler is placed and how it is aspected.

Since it's a wedding chart, the relationship (aspects, if any) between the ruler of the 1st and the ruler of the 7th is most important.

The Moon sign, house and aspects are also very important.

Venus & Mars and what they're up to.....

Every planet plus angles have an importance, just like a natal chart.

As the years progress, you can progress the chart, just like one would a natal chart.

AG