Chinese Astrological Sign?

Demonesse

What Chinese astrological sign is everyone? FYI, there are twelve signs, and they are Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Horse, Snake, Monkey, Sheep, Rooster, Dog and Pig, based on the Chinese (not western) year you were born in - eg 1986 was the year of the Tiger, but if you were born before the Chinese New Year you're an Ox. :) Your sign is also affected by the hour you were born in - the times of the day are divided into one period for each sign.

So what furry/feathered/scaled/whatever sort are you?

zorya

i'm a metal rat :)

not only does chinese astrology cycle with the 12 animals, but it also has a 5 year cycle with the 5 elements. 60 years is considered a very lucky age, because you've completed the cycle, where you return to the same signs.

marmalade

DRAGON!!

rrawr!

Demonesse

The "5 year" cycle occurs for each sign once every twelve years until the elements are "finished".We refer to the 60-year cycle as a sixth element, "golden". The elements relate to each other in a particular way; the philosophy behind it is that each element can nourish one of the others/destroy another.The elements are also classified Positive (yang) and Negative (yin) - thus you could be, for example, a Wood Dragon (Positive).

And rats in particular are said to be affected by the time of day at birth - a rat born at night will have a harder life than one born in the day, apparently.

amyel

I'm a tiger. A capricorn Tiger. I think I am a wood tiger - either that or the water tiger - I always forget which. So anyway, I am all toger but just tempered a little more then, say, a fire tiger. All the ambition, all the drive, all the outbursts (although tempered)...

cricket

I am a fire snake. And a capricorn. Heck of a combination. ;)

blue_fusion

i'm a rooster. not sure about the element, though.

anjocoxo

sign

I'm a horse... horses are totally impetous.. and I'm leo... what a combination.:)

truthsayer

i'm a tiger but i don't know about the element. is there a website that we can look this up? anyhow, i'm also a pisces and i love cats. i've read about the sign tiger but it doesn't describe me as well as pisces.

SherryZoned

I know i am a Monkey..but don't know about anything else~