Christmas! What Decks Are You Holding Out For?

FaireMaiden

Eeesh!!! Money is tight these days, and :bugeyed: Christmas :bugeyed: is just around the corner... which means gifts for everyone else, not endless tarot consumerism just for me, och!!! :joke:

As such, I have been :angel: quite frugal :angel: in purchasing tarot and oracles these past few months, (and will continue to do so on into probably November and December), so as to be able to afford (justify, rationalize, warrant, sanction? }) *lol* })) sneaking a deck or two under the tree for myself, :shhh::D:shhh:

What about you? If you're holding out, what are you holding out for?

My Christmas Picks: (always subject to change tho, *lol*)

See of Logos: (hope it's released in time)
http://www.magic-realist.com/

Paulina Tarot: (ditto... hope it's released in time)
http://www.paulina.ws/tarot/

Sinduction

I'm really wanting the Transparent Tarot..... :D

Nina*

I really really want the Paulina too.

Anybody know when it should be out?

delaneyblues

Im wanting the Mystic Dreamer Tarot if i can wait as long as christmas hehe !

inanna_tarot

ohh im looking out for the See of Logos but im worried about the price at the end..

The Transparant tarot is top of my list too. I NEEEEED that deck, so it might be an early christmas present to myself lol.

rabidwolfie

I'm thinking mostly about the two equine oracles. I don't think there are any other decks currently published that I have any yearnings for.

FaireMaiden

Nina* said:
I really really want the Paulina too.

Anybody know when it should be out?
From Paulina's newsletter dated August 27th...

"PAULINA TAROT: The release date for the 'Paulina Tarot' deck is now in the hands of my publisher, US Games, and is in the lengthy process of being sent to print. First proofs have been approved. Then there's the second and final approval to come from the printers overseas. I wish I could offer you a firm release date right now; I've been hoping for this to be released by Hallowe'en, but this may or may not happen. The release date may be pushed ahead a couple of months since I was asked to expand the LWB ('little white booklet') which accompanies the deck. This gave me the opportunity to revisit the cards, pouring heart and soul into personal insights and descriptions for each of the 78 cards. Now completed, the expended LWB will very much enrich and compliment the deck and its unique attributes."

inanna said:
ohh im looking out for the See of Logos but im worried about the price at the end..
I'm also concerned about the price, and the shipping! from Prague... Everything is so sky-high anymore, *sigh*... Alas, that's why I've cut back so much on my purchases... I really want that deck, BADLY!

I guess I'm hoping-against-hope that these decks will be released in time for Christmas, but then, hope does spring eternal!

Nina*

FaireMaiden said:
From Paulina's newsletter dated August 27th...

"PAULINA TAROT: The release date for the 'Paulina Tarot' deck is now in the hands of my publisher, US Games, and is in the lengthy process of being sent to print. First proofs have been approved. Then there's the second and final approval to come from the printers overseas. I wish I could offer you a firm release date right now; I've been hoping for this to be released by Hallowe'en, but this may or may not happen. The release date may be pushed ahead a couple of months since I was asked to expand the LWB ('little white booklet') which accompanies the deck. This gave me the opportunity to revisit the cards, pouring heart and soul into personal insights and descriptions for each of the 78 cards. Now completed, the expended LWB will very much enrich and compliment the deck and its unique attributes."
Thank you, FaireMaiden. Well, but it's good news about the LWB. Always more interesting to get the personal notes than simply standard keywords, I think.

Lexie

I'd love to have a "See of Logos" deck but no matter how much I'm going to be saving until Christmas I don't think I'll be able to buy it!! It's price is quite high for me...:(

Le Fanu

Yikes, do you really think about Christmas so early in the U.S ? :)

To tell the truth, I don´t hold out for any decks. Nobody could possibly choose well for me, or know what Ive got! But I will be able to have a binge with money and choose my own.

Can´t think of anything I want right now apart from some Meneghello decks though...