Collecting decks by non-readers - is it OK ?

gregory

Helvetica said:
Good Lord, Gregory - I wouldn't set foot in the Evil Empire at all!!! })

I buy my tarot strictly free-range and without any Amazonians having to be moved.
I rather like the Amazon (want to go there ! :joke: ) - occasionally they have no idea what they are doing and let stuff go very cheap (my Revelations was one example; I think they made a mistake but who am I to argue ?) Also they do have their marketplace sellers and some of us might be in there...

And - well let's face it, if it's one you want and it's cheap, as long as I'm not buying direct from Dubya, a truly black witch, the administration of Indiana (see thread) or some country I am boycotting at the moment (list available by PM; soon I shall starve) and giving money to Bad People (apologies to Dubya's supporter, if any...) that's OK with me !

The Evil Empire has EXCELLENT toilets in an emergency. Off topic - three year old child I know who is Not Allowed in there was surreptitiously taken to the toilet once and on the way out stopped by the evil toy machine and announced very loudly, and to the horror of her embarrassed parents,[size=+2] "Those are what I could have if you would let me eat here."[/size]

Sophie

That is the funniest thing! I love kids when they are so truthful and wicked.

I agree with the McDo loos - a necessary evil LOL.

Aren't the Amazons welcoming? I also find bargains there. Especially second-hand ("Like new", which usually simply means that the Amazonian has gone through a deck, not likes it - and put it back in the box and up for sale).

smokey

gregory said:
What makes you so sure.........?
(I said I didn't read...........)
Actually I did start doing that thing with the Lord's Prayer backwards when I was about 17, but chickened out somewhere around the daily bread bit....
I might look into the Appropriati. Just to salve my conscience, you understand.

...LOL!...MWAHA!...
((Still Laughing!!!!)... good one Gregory!... you Rock!!! ...*and hey!
(my 2 cents?) YOU KEEP ON A COLLECTING!!!...

gregory

Free Flight said:
Hi Gregory

there is nothing wrong with collecting and not reading. I have no problem with this and I hope you continue to stay at ATF :) You are more than welcome

x FF
OH yes. You won't get rid of me that easily !! I might just have stopped posting if I'd got loads of negatives from this thread, is all !

Meowrrrrrrrrrrr !

gregory

NightWing said:
While I do use many of my decks, some much more than others, I no more feel obligated to do so than to use each item in my Chamber Pot collection! })
I'm a bit slow here - it's the age.....

Would you please give this enterprise a try ? I would love to see how it turns out (not with photos, please...) The thought is heartstopping. Do you use one a day; move from one to the other "mid-process", line them up and choose which feels more appropriate for the current, er, need...... (how many do you have, anyway ?) (I hope none is cracked..... please check before you start.)

Abrac

Originally Posted by mikeymikeymike: "Those decks might be meant for somebody else and you've just got them there in a collection."

If they were meant for someone else, then they would have them. ;)

-fof

gregory

fools_fool said:
Originally Posted by mikeymikeymike: "Those decks might be meant for somebody else and you've just got them there in a collection."

If they were meant for someone else, then they would have them. ;)

-fof
:love: fof :love: - thanks. That is more of a relief than you might think !!! - even now - with all the support I have had since I started this thread so long ago !

catlin

I did not read the complete thread, so just my tuppence:
There is nothing wrong with collecting decks and being a non-reader.

I think it is up to everyone what s/he collects. Would you deny someone collecting stamps because s/he does not print them or does not send letters???

I also have some decks in my collection which I am pretty sure I will never use for readings because they don't work for reading purposes (at least not for me).

full deck

If I catch someone hoarding decks without using them, I make my big brother go and beat them up after school . . .

gregory

:eek:.....................

I use SOME of them ..... when I am in an exchange.....