Crystals with Decks

Hemera

There is a thread about tarot and crystals here
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=255639
(There's also another link in that thread.)
It's a bit different approach about pairing decks to specific crystals and bringing more energy into the reading that way.

Awkward.turtle91

Rose quartz is a love crystal, stone of the heart, unconditional love. It's a direct heart chakra crystal. It carries energies for compassion, peace, healing, comfort and so many more.

One of my favourite crystals. I have them everywhere around my home and I also carry a rose quartz with me.

This crystal is the best crystal to use for a romance or love tarot reading.

Exactly what dean says, I couldn't have put it better myself?
Surely that's the most basic of all crystals to know about?

I have Rose Quartz in my tarot baggies!!, but apart from my vampire one I have hematite for that.

It is indeed the best crystal to use in a romance reading.

Grizabella

I used to with some of my decks. Three of my card bags had little pockets on the outside to put crystals in. Any other time, though, I'd wrap the crystal in a little piece of buckskin before putting it inside the bag with the deck. Crystals and things can really damage your cards if you don't protect them with something around the crystal.

I don't do it now because I don't have many crystals.

Tanga

Exactly what dean says, I couldn't have put it better myself?
Surely that's the most basic of all crystals to know about?

I have Rose Quartz in my tarot baggies!!, but apart from my vampire one I have hematite for that.

It is indeed the best crystal to use in a romance reading.

:joke: Never assume anything. :)
Depending on one's exposure people can be clueless about anything and everything - and use things in an entirely different way to the accepted cultural "norm".
And though Rose Quartz is designated and accepted as "the love stone" - it may not necessarily be the case depending on the individual IMO.

what does amplifying energies do?

"Amplify" means to make stronger and clearer. So it just means the crystal helps ideas/messages/interpretations to come more readily and easily to the reader.

I have a couple of Clear Quartz crystals that I sometimes like to have on the table when I'm reading.
I think of the property of Quartz as being a general amplifier and helping with "clearer stronger fields and connection" so it really helps me to set the mood and mindset for my readings.
Some of my favourite Tarot decks have crystals living with them in their bags - that I've selected because somehow the crystal - just reminded me of the deck and I just "felt" that it aught to be in there.
As most of my decks are wrapped in silk and then placed inside a bag - I don't get crystal damaging card.
But also mostly - the crystals I choose are smoothly polished. I don't put points and rough ones in.

Kalisti

After cleansing a deck I store them with one of my smaller quartz crystals for a day or a few days, but I don't store them with crystals long term. I like having my crystals available for active handling, but maybe I just need to buy more stones!

Sometimes I wear a quartz in my bra when reading, haha. I don't have crystal jewelry so this is the alternative.

FinoAllaFine

When I buy a new deck (especially if its used) I will set the cards into their numerical order and store them in their box for a day or so with a grid set up around them to help cleanse them.

Whether or not it does anything I don't know, but it sure makes me more excited to get at it and use it!

Annabelle

Do you use crystals with your decks? I have just been reading about that. Some people store a crystal with their deck and/or use them to cleanse their decks.

What do you do?

I don't use crystals with my decks. To me, crystals are very pretty, but aren't imbued with any particular power to cleanse, etc. -- nor do I believe that decks are in need of any cleansing.

page of wands

I don't use crystals with my decks. To me, crystals are very pretty, but aren't imbued with any particular power to cleanse, etc. -- nor do I believe that decks are in need of any cleansing.

I don't think they have any power either.

page of wands

When I buy a new deck (especially if its used) I will set the cards into their numerical order and store them in their box for a day or so with a grid set up around them to help cleanse them.

Whether or not it does anything I don't know, but it sure makes me more excited to get at it and use it!

Thats true. I would get excited too.

Madrigal

When I do it's for purely aesthetic reasons. Some crystals look particularly pretty with certain decks. A beautiful visual contains its own ceremonial magic, works on my body in ways that are pronounced but subtle. I'm drawn in, compelled to linger, if only to soak up beauty. And by lingering I slow down which means I'm more receptive to what is arising.