Dark Carnival Deck

Tarot Orat

I just asked the deck what it thinks of the Top 10 controversy...and drew The Lovers.

LOL that's about what I'd expect :D

Tarot Orat

Is it maybe SMALLER ?

YES! Standard tarot sized. Earlier in the thread I posted some pics comparing the same card in each deck side-by-side, including in my hand for scale.

gregory

YES! Standard tarot sized. Earlier in the thread I posted some pics comparing the same card in each deck side-by-side, including in my hand for scale.

Thanks for that :D

rachelpaul

I just asked the deck what it thinks of the Top 10 controversy...and drew The Lovers.

Holy hail! That's totally what I pulled (and kept pulling) a few days before this vote thing. What a surprise. Still kicking my friends for being too supportive...seriously. They tell me to shut up and go find some "real-world" problems. So now I'm out to replace/scrap my aunt's fridge...to the junk yard, tarotphiles! Dum dah dah daaaah!

Tarot Orat

Hi Rachel! Glad to see you drop by :) You keep it real, girl. Don't think many other deck creators are hauling appliances to a scrapyard on a Friday night :D

ETA: Don't kick your friends ;) I think we all needed some stirring-up around here!

Melia

Not unlike asking a thief what they think about stealing from someone ... probably draw the same card.

rachelpaul

Melia! Really? Dude I had no idea.

Folks support the deck. I can't control that. I think the general idea is that these folks aren't "tarotey" enough to vote on the tarot poll. They may not be collectors, but they do love the Dark Carnival. How do you think they know me in the first place? I'm the tarot reader. I've been reading with this deck and distributing this deck at concert festivals and events for some time now. Thousands of newcomers have been introduced to tarot because of it...I think it's commendable.

Look at the lovers card on our facebook.

Y'all dug me up from the underground, where I was peacefully resting, and you either love it or wanna drain me. But you can't. I'm already far, far gone.

Got lots of love and respect for AT. And that's from the heart.

rachelpaul

HEY AT--

We just got back from the 14th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos--a music festival in southern Illinois, hosted by the Insane Clown Posse. Our hosts felt that their three-ring circus needed an "official" fortune teller, so the Dark Carnival Tarot crew heeded the call and set up an elaborate tarot reader tent, which ran from midnight until sunlight every night for five days straight.

The results were amazing.

Most kids that we read for were in their late teens into their twenties. And it was shamanic, healing, therapeutic...there was laughter and tears on both sides of the reading table, all through the night. I personally truly feel I deserve a PhD in Jungian psychology at this point! Or maybe to be initiated as a full-blooded Heyoka shaman...

This experience touched so many lives. And we are just thrilled to share the gift of tarot with this new generation. Here's one of the only pics of the inside of the fortune-teller tent, taken with a friend of and longtime supporter of the deck:

http://www.faygoluvers.net/v5/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/P1020245-th1.jpg

Anywho, just wanted to share the experience. Hope you enjoyed.

Peace and love,
Rachel