Dark Goddess Tarot by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince

MoonGypsy

Got it, I edited my original post to reflect that. When I saw it I assumed that we all got the same one or that they were different, that's all.

Let me express again, how excited I am to get this deck and see it in person. Off the meter excited :).

Yep, "Off the meter excited"--that sums it up for me, too. My most special treasured deck of all time is my first edition hand made Tarot of the Crone by Ellen. So...yep, i have really, really been chomping at the bit for this new creation...with sooooo many of my very favorite goddesses depicted. :)

ETA: and peeps are starting to receive their packages! :party: i have a strong feeling mine might be here today. (((MG crosses her fingers and toes)))

MoonGypsy

She's Here!!!!!!!!!

And i am beside myself with joy! :heart:
It is so rewarding when you are looking forward to something
with every fiber of your being, and it not only lives up to your expectations--
but far exceeds them! That is the case here!

The deck is more beautiful and vibrant than the scans could capture;
The cardstock is sturdy and is a semi gloss or semi matte, never really quite
sure which to call it. :)
it comes in a sturdy and equally vibrant 2 part lidded box.
The lwb is simple, but to the point; and it contains a few color pics
and a couple of spreads.
Ellen is in the process of writing a much more
definitive companion book; and i really look forward to that.

The Pre-order goodies are lovely; i don't want to give away
just what they are, in order to keep the element of surprise
for those who have yet to receive their pre-order package. ;)

And of course my raffle ticket.) i so want to win
one of those hand made beaded amulets of La Santa Muerte,
more than i can express...

But good luck to all of us who pre-ordered and have a raffle ticket and
a chance to win one of the 5 being offered as prizes.
The drawing is going to occur sometime during
the next Dark of the Moon, i believe i heard.

Again, i am extremely happy with this entire package;
It is first class all the way!

ETA: After spending a few hours with my deck, the only tiniest negative i would mention, is they are a bit slick/slippery. i can't riffle shuffle them, but i really wouldn't want to anyway. i am not a riffler...i do the "hand over hand" or mixing on the table method. That always works just fine for me, and is easier on a deck. i just thought i should mention it for you riffle shufflers out there [you know who you are :p] Even if i were a dedicated riffler, i still wouldn't pass up this fantastic deck for anything!

ETA #2: After spending a couple of days with my deck, they no longer feel as slippery. They LOVE to be held and used...They are deep, my pretties, very deep...

Disa

So great to hear all that, moongypsy. I'm getting more and more excited.

merissa_88

Thanks for the preview, MoonGypsy! i'm looking forward to getting my shipping notice. :)

rivergum

I have my shipping notice so expect the Dark Goddess Tarot to arrive sometime next week. Lots of interest being generated here. :)

momentarylight

I am waiting for a copy as well. It should be here next week. Elllen is a modern day shaman, a kind and wise woman.

MoonGypsy

Anybody else receive their deck besides me? :)

Penthasilia

I received mine today as well! :)

It is visually stunning and very well done.

I have not had a chance to read with it yet- so will pop back after I use it to give more input.

---> Comment on riffle shuffling noted- will let you know how that goes. :D