Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-The Lovers I & II

WhiteRaven

Start with the Hetrosexual card then followed by the Lesbian/Gay card please.

I don't have a picture of either of the cards.

Discussion is open....

Ace

What do you mean Hetero then the Homosexual one? They are both women in very erotic positions. I assume you mean the Hetero one is the women swimming? (I was just perusing the book, and was surprised to see it is not discussed as such at all. ) I have always found that card to be very sexy-and yes with two women in it too! The other is I assume the Homosexual one, but that kind of closeness is possible among straight women too, if we need a hug we need a HUG. That is actually less erotic than the other, IMHO.

WhiteRaven

Part of a Review by Thrysse

"There are a number of significant departures from traditional decks, foremost of which is that there are no male images in the deck, with the exception of two optional cards (the deck contains both heterosexual and lesbian versions of the Lovers, and Coyotewoman and Pan are optional versions of the same trump)."

The rest you can go see at:

Tarot Passages - DOM Review by Thrysse

and I think it says something about it in the LWS...

FantasyWorld...I can't find mine anywhere...do you have yours and if you do can you check please?

FantasyWorld

WhiteRaven said:
[
and I think it says something about it in the LWS...

FantasyWorld...I can't find mine anywhere...do you have yours and if you do can you check please?
Do I have a LWS(little white sheet)?
If that's what that means, nothing came with my deck but the cards:(

WhiteRaven

FantasyWorld said:
Do I have a LWS(little white sheet)?
If that's what that means, nothing came with my deck but the cards:(

ya...I thought you got that with the cards...there was nothing in the box?

I'm still looking for mine...ugh! It's not mentioned in the book re the Lovers but I know I read it somewhere and I don't think it was online...

FantasyWorld

WhiteRaven said:
ya...I thought you got that with the cards...there was nothing in the box?

I'm still looking for mine...ugh! It's not mentioned in the book re the Lovers but I know I read it somewhere and I don't think it was online...

The cards barely fit in the box as it is. It did come with an extra card that tells you there are 2 Lovers cards and blah blah blah but nothing else:(
I've searched the house to make sure I haven't misplaced something else but there just isn't anything that appears to missing.

WhiteRaven

FantasyWorld said:
The cards barely fit in the box as it is. It did come with an extra card that tells you there are 2 Lovers cards and blah blah blah but nothing else:(
I've searched the house to make sure I haven't misplaced something else but there just isn't anything that appears to missing.

That's basically why I'm tearing my apartment apart...I need something about the "Lovers"...Ace feels that both cards are Lesbians but that was not what the author intended...I'm trying to find concrete info so Ace can understand better what the author was trying to do by creating two Lovers cards.

FantasyWorld

Both of the cards look like lesbian couples to me as well although on te extra card that I have it says there are 2 for diffrent sexual preferences so maybe they just did a really bad job of making one look like a man.
I don't like either of the cards!
I'm liking this deck less and less. There are some cards I really like but many I don't.

The one in the water is just weird and the other seems too sexual to me, hum...
Is there a shadow of a crescent moon or something in the water one?
The seeweed is stupidly blocking their genitals.
Sorry gals but just really dislike these 2 cards!

WhiteRaven

"Androgenous" comes to mind when I look at the card where they are swimming in water. Could be used for Hetrosexual or Gay men. That's why the gentials are hidden and the breasts are not defined as much as in the other card with the two women (and you can tell they are women...there is no question about it in this card).

The meaning of the card is completely different from the "Lovers" that we are used to....RWS and others where the Lovers stand for Decisions etc...

The first Lovers..in the water...water=emotions...they are swimming in their passion..love..emotions..I even think that the air bubbles are there to remind us that we have to "come up" for "air" sometimes in love relationships...

Image wise...I like the second one better but that's probably based on my own sexuality. Kinda a personalized thing. The second card gives me an impression that they are inside a womb...actually..then again...roflol...it looks like they are in the center of a vagina...wouldn't you say?