Death and sacred geometry

Elven

Hi everyone - this is such an interesting card, the more I look at it the more I see.
The two towers I think clearly represent the two tower of the Moon - I see them as the gateway of the clear concious mind and the mysteries and knowledge of the unconcious mind, even the dream state. Please note that these are my own interpretations and not from a book in case I lead anyone astray!!

Some other observations that I like about this card is:

The boat which is sailing in the same direction as the horse and rider - wind filling the sails. The only other cards I can see with boats similar to these are the foretelling cards: 3 of Wands/King of Cups/ and the two of coins. They seem to bring news of some kind, or carry things ? any ideas here?

Is the sun setting or rising? Can it be doing both in its position? I think it represents endings and rebirth.

There are people on the fields below. One looks to be bowing at a cross (just above the hoof of the uplifted leg of the horse). There are others also to the left of the card.

I have always seen death walking past in the card at the forefront of the people. I dont see death as actually in the scene with the king, the Bishop, the woman and the child. He is walking by or through the scene. Unhindered unnoticed by the scene taking place just to the inside of him.

The child has one white stocking on.

The woman looks as if she has been slapped in the face, or she is in a sleep, or in a state of disbelief, grief, submissiveness to the situation, succumbed. She has dropped her flowers (?)

I see alot of life in the death card - trees, water, people, wind, movement.

The more I look at this card, the more interested in it I become. More open to its unique potential and possibilities.

Thats my bit anyway, any ideas on some of these?

Happy syudies

Elven x

Parzival

Death and Sacred Geometry

Elven said:
Hi everyone - this is such an interesting card, the more I look at it the more I see.
The two towers I think clearly represent the two tower of the Moon - I see them as the gateway of the clear concious mind and the mysteries and knowledge of the unconcious mind, even the dream state. Please note that these are my own interpretations and not from a book in case I lead anyone astray!!

Some other observations that I like about this card is:

The boat which is sailing in the same direction as the horse and rider - wind filling the sails.

Is the sun setting or rising? Can it be doing both in its position? I think it represents endings and rebirth.

I have always seen death walking past in the card at the forefront of the people. I dont see death as actually in the scene with the king, the Bishop, the woman and the child. He is walking by or through the scene.

I see alot of life in the death card - trees, water, people, wind, movement.

Most perceptive, profound observations. I think you are perfectly insightful regarding the sun. It is rising and setting, setting and rising. Death and life are opposites in continuum. Like ice and water or hibernation and awakening.
Certainly death walks "through the scene" as you say. Its power is illimitable and inevitable and unstoppable.
Life pervades the scene. There is no death without life. Whitman:" Has anyone supposed it lucky to be born? I hasten to inform him or her it is just as lucky to die....I pass death with the dying and birth with the new-wash'd babe....All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses, and to die is different from what anyone supposed, and luckier." ( from "Song of Myself", 6-7.)

Fulgour

XIII

Metatron's Cube is an aspect of Nature's First Pattern.
It is based on 13 circles found within this first pattern.
Connecting the centres of these 13 circles is the key.

This sacred geometric archetype proves the
direct relationship between the conceptual
Two Dimensional Universe and the manifest
Three Dimensional Universe.

The root architecture of all the Platonic Solids
(the Tetrahedron, the Cube, the Octahedron,
the Icosahedron and the Dodecahedron)
lie hidden within Metatron's Cube.

All these perfect three dimensional forms fit perfectly
within a Sphere which relates directly to the Circle.

Acrylic Mandala by Charles Gilchrist

stella01904

MM ~ The two towers are simply a portal to the Otherworld. Often used in AP'ing and magical work. Usually there is a black one and a white one. (They are also on the High Priestess card).The Golden Dawn would have been familiar with this. Raven Grimassi's books also have some information on working with them. BB, Stella

caridwen

Here's some interesting info on the pillars symbolism:

"The pillars in the temple were composed of gold and silver, and so nicely blended were the metals as to form but one color. They were more than a cubit high, of a quadrangular form, like anvils, whose capitals were inscribed with characters neither Indian nor Egyptian, nor such as could be deciphered. These pillars are the chains which bind together the earth and sea. The inscriptions on them were executed by Hercules in the house of the Parcae, to prevent discord arising among the elements and that friendship being disturbed which they have for each other."

These pillars were the nucleus of the ancient Gades, and naturally became the metropolitan emblem of the modern city, as the horse's head was of Carthage.

The tradition of the Freemasons in regard to the two pillars, which are a prominent emblem of their Craft, is, that they represent the pillars Jachin and Boaz which Hiram of Tyre made for Solomon, and set one on either side of the entrance to the Temple, to commemorate the pillar of cloud by day and of fire by night which guided the Israelites in their forty years' wanderings in the wilderness. Whatever significance the Hebrews may have attached to these pillars, there is good reason for believing that they received the material emblem from the Tyrians at the time of the building of the Temple. The Scriptures give a minute account of the dimensions and designs of the pillars, (2 Kings, vii, and 2 Chronicles, iii,) but are silent as to their significance; and there is nothing in the whole Scriptural account of them to forbid the conclusion that the ideas symbolized by them were as much Tyrian as Jewish. Tyre had been a rich and prosperous city for over two hundred years, when Solomon undertook the building of the Temple. The Tyrians had been skilled in architecture and other arts to a degree that implied a high state of mental culture, while the Hebrews were yet nomadic tribes living in tents. The tabernacle was only a tent, and in this first Hebrew endeavor to give it a more enduring structure of wood and stone, Solomon naturally appealed to the greater skill of the subjects of the friendly Hiram, King of Tyre. When the Hebrews began to build the Temple, they ceased their wanderings, they became permanently established, and, as a memorial of this fact, they embodied in the architectural design of the Temple a symbol which, by the Tyrians and many other nations descended from the ancient Aryan stock, was considered emblematic of a divine leadership that had conducted them to a new and permanent home; this was the true significance of the two pillars.

As long as the Hebrews were wanderers, the pillars of cloud by day and of fire by night were merely a metaphor, to express their belief in a divine direction of their movements. When they came at last to the promised land, the figurative pillars of cloud and fire became the two pillars in the porch of the Temple, as the symbol of the establishment of the nation.
http://www.linshaw.ca/omtp/vol8no11.html

job

caridwen said:
If you look below Death's raised horses' hoof, there's a golden spiral that could have been dropped by the fallen King or the Archbishop.

It bears a resemblance to the Golden ratio - Gold =Alchemy - consciousness - PHI ratio. Also the belt Orion.

The Golden spiral is the template for growth and the mathematical formula for evolution. A physical representation of the Golden Mean ratio, is a continuum that approaches the Infinite, but never reaches it: It approaches perfect balance, the Ideal, but can never capture it. The dynamic essence of any structure using this proportion, is endless motion towards perfection.

It seems to fit the Death card, in a way.

Or do you think it's reading too much into it?

No. You're not reading too much into it.

The_Star

Death Card XIII

The essence of The Death Card XIII
is refusing to 'go with the flow'.
The card represents two elements of death:
1 - an incremental death which is a posture or activity that is other than life affirming and diminishes the power of the spirit.
2) - An absolute death which represents the death of the body or spirit.

In any reading in which The Death Card comes up (present or future) it indicates the necessity of a vital change of course.

The key to understanding The Death Card is that most of us are already experiencing some form of death, relative to a complete and full expression of the magic (Macician I) and mastery of the powers inherent in the spirit.

The Death Card represents 'wilfullness' compared to the surrender that is required to grow spiritually.