December IOE ~ GryffinSong & Chiska

Chiska

A SELF HELP REFLECTION
(This spread is based on The Four Agreements: A Toltec Wisdom Book, a book by Don MIguel Ruiz)

Card 1 (at the top) Be True to your word. This will guard me against gossip.

Card 2 (middle right) Nothing is personal. This will help me rise over the negative thinking of others.

Card 3 (at the bottom) Don't assume anything. This will help me to communicate efffectively.

Card 4 (middle left) All we can do is try our best. This will help me put my best foot forward.

Hi GryffinSong,

This is my first IOE, so hopefully I will get it right. I will likely use my Victorian Flowers as I connect so well with them. BUT...rachelcat has sent the Old Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards, and I expect them any day. Depending on how those feel, I may use those.

I assume we have the month to do the reading and feedback?

GryffinSong

Thanks for starting our thread Chiska!

Yes, I think we have until the end of December. :)

I have a couple of oracles that I'm iffy on in terms of my connection to them, and I have two coming in trade, which will probably arrive within a few days. So I'll wait and see what feels right at the time.

As to right and wrong, don't worry about it. The only wrong thing you can do is use the book meanings, or refer to the stated names and meanings on the cards. Just let your imagination/intuition/senses go wild and read whatever you see on the image itself. :) I think this is my second IOE and I enjoyed the last one.

GryffinSong

Ok, now I have some oracles to pick from. I just ordered the Oracle of Shadows and Light, but am not sure it'll come in time.

I have the Earth Magic, Magical Spell cards, and the Creatrix. I'd probably like to use the Earth Magic for your reading, unless Shadows and Light gets here REALLY fast. I'm going to try to do your reading within the next couple of days. I really want to start trying to get to know this oracle.

GryffinSong

I had just about decided to read with the Creatrix, when I broke down and ordered the Oracle of Shadows & Light. They estimate it might arrive monday, so if I love it, I'm going to read with that if its ok with you. Otherwise, I'll use the Creatrix.

Wheee ... new decks make me SMILE!!! :)

Chiska

*giggle* GryffinSong - new decks make me smile, too! I seem to have one coming in the near future...but I think I don't want to use it for our exchange! I will still use my Victorian Flowers.

I can wait until you get your new deck!! I am going to have to wait until Monday / Tuesday now to do your reading. I need some quiet time - and with my husband returning for the weekend, I doubt I will get any! He has already invited friends over for football. Noisy!!

GryffinSong

Shadows & Light just arrived and I'm in love. :)

Will get to know it a little and start your reading today, posting by tonight or tomorrow I hope.

GryffinSong

Intuitive Oracle Exchange, December 2010 with Chaska …

Using my brand new (today!) Oracle of Shadows & Light

Pink Lotus Fairy

A beautiful, winged being sits atop a huge lotus flower. Her hands rest on her knees, with thumb and forefingers forming a circle. Her eyes are halfway closed, as if in meditation. Her forehead has a red dot in the center, and there is a dark, starry sky behind her and the numerous, dark lily pads that surround her. She is lit, while the rest of the card is in shadow. I feel that this being is telling you to look within to your deepest, highest self. That the best way to remain true to your word is to remain true to yourself. Always listen to your own inner voices. If they are out of synch with you, look to see where you might not be fully genuine in your relationships. Carry your inner spirit with you at all times, and consult it when needed. Meditate, pray, dream … whatever works for you to get in touch with your own truth. As long as you stay true to your highest, lightest self, you will be seen clearly and be less prone to gossip against you.

Card 2 (middle right) Nothing is personal. This will help me rise over the negative thinking of others.

Sea Storm

I see a sultry being in a stormy ocean. Her eyes are slightly hooded, with a calm expression that seems almost neutral. There is the tiniest of sneers, though, with a warning to remain calm. That the lightening and crashing waves cannot harm you as long as you are centered. As long as you trust yourself. Trust your own powers of intuition, insight, and clarity. As long as you can stay true to your spirit and your truth, your ability to float will carry you through. Looking at the question here, I’m also thinking that you easily float on that ocean, while the negative thoughts of others sinks below the waves, never to be seen again.

Card 3 (at the bottom) Don't assume anything. This will help me to communicate effectively.

Candy Cane Angel

A sad faced being holds a candy cane in one hand, while the other hand reaches beyond the frame. Her wings are framed in candy, and her blond hair is decorated with red and white mints. She is a sad little angel, with a red and white striped dress. I want to reach into the frame and give her a hug and some M&Ms. Perhaps the assumption you’re being asked to make is to think the best of others. That if you are assuming malice on the other person’s part, walk a mile in their shoes and see if you can imagine an alternate explanation. Treat others with sweetness, and instead of reacting, or lashing out, offer them a candy. Perhaps they’re just having a bad day, and need to be understood. And lest you forget, sweetness is not weakness. This little angel looks all sweetness and light, but she packs a powerful message that things are not always what they seem. You sometimes have to look beyond the bright wrapper to see what‘s truly going on.

Card 4 (middle left) All we can do is try our best. This will help me put my best foot forward.

Grumpy Red Fairy

This little being is all wreathed about in a cloud of black and red hair and wings. She looks out at the viewer, disgusted by what she sees. She seems to look right through me, daring me to be anything but who I am. This being doesn’t stand for nonsense. She puts her feelings out there, and expects to be understood. She reminds us that we cannot hold ourselves back, we cannot hold our feelings in, we cannot be less than who we truly are. The way to put your best foot forward is to put your truest foot forward.

In summary …

I see these angels and fairies as telling you that you need to be totally and genuinely yourself. That to do otherwise is to pay too high a price. That’s not to say that you need to be mean or unkind. On the contrary, the Candy Cane Angel urges a sweet approach. But one can be kind, and still be honest, open, and clear about your needs.

I have to say that I love these cards. I have no clue how this will resonate for you, being my first reading with them, but it sure was fun to visit with these delightfully blunt beings. :)

Chiska

Wow. Very interesting. I am off to find pictures of these cards. I will get your feedback and your reading tomorrow.

GryffinSong

Chiska said:
Wow. Very interesting. I am off to find pictures of these cards. I will get your feedback and your reading tomorrow.

Here you go ...

Attachments

• tarot oracle of shadows and light chiska.JPG
    tarot oracle of shadows and light chiska.JPG
    206.4 KB · Views: 61

Chiska

Using Victorian Flowers

She looks so dreamy, standing there, with face resting on her hand. Such an open and trusting flower! She knows her words are true, but cannot understand why others would be so cruel. Why would people lie to her, when she would not lie to them?

When it comes down to it, there is only one person whose behavior matters - yours. When others lie and say cruel things, it is their problem and not yours. In this card, I see someone who is hurt by the words of others.

A woman stands at the bank and waves farewell to a ship - the stern is just visible as it goes out of sight. Whatever is on that boat is good and gone. When hurts are received, set them free by acknowledging them and setting them free.

Card 3 (at the bottom) Don't assume anything. This will help me to communicate effectively.

This lady looks so different than the others. She is exotic looking and her clothes are very fine. Behind her are the shadows of many important men. Looking at her, one could assume she is a fine lady, in complete control of her surroundings. Or perhaps that is just a facade?

A delicate flower huddles behind a shelter of straw. She is cold, she is frightened. She doesn't know what the next minute will bring. She can hope that her shelter will be enough to get her through the harsh times.

One thing that is not at first obvious is that she is not free to move. She is held in place where she is. Even if you feel that you are stuck, that no matter what you do, nothing will change, remember that there is always a chance. This young flower is not giving up, she is cold and frightened, but she still has her finery on. Oddly, in this image, the little flower IS putting her best foot forward...literally. It was quite a visual draw, really.

Gentle and confused by the cruelty of others, but willing to let go of the hurts, calm and austere on the outside, but frightened on the inside. That is what these cards say to me as I looked at each in the circle.

For the spread? 1) like this flower, be true to yourself and nothing can hurt you. 2)by letting the hurts go, you can rise above the negativity. 3)Others assume that you are fine, that there is nothing wrong. Perhaps, you need to tell them that all is not fine. Communication can change everything. 4) Even though things look bleak and hopeless, always be the best you can be, and never give up.

Hopefully this connects some how. My first purely intuitive reading and it was a bit different.

your cards