DECK OF THE MONTH: MAY

merissa_88

Hi everyone!

Theme TBA (if anyone has an idea, let me know)

Please feel free to join me and I'll add your name, deck, and "project" for the month!

Feel free to post readings in this forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=195268

WELCOME!

Please post a comment to include the deck or decks you will be focusing on this month (feel free to join in at any point in the month).

Please feel free to post any questions, comments, concerns and advice inquiries in this thread. It belongs to all of us!

Most importantly, have fun!

*** WHEN POSTING ABOUT YOUR DECKS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE POST THE NAME OF YOUR DECK(S) THAT YOU ARE USING ON THE "TITLE" LINE FOR EASY REFERENCE***
Rose Lalonde: Thoth Tarot
Lycanthrope: Witches Tarot
merissa_88: Voyager Tarot

Rose Lalonde

Thoth

Continuing with the Thoth. :) Thanks for the thread.

Lycanthropos

Witches Tarot

I've been using the Witches Tarot (Dugan/Evans deck) the last few days and will continue with that for May. I'm neither witch nor pagan, but I really like the deck and feel I work really well with it, the few times I've used it. It has some interesting symbolism in it I'd like to learn, so I'll take this opportunity. I haven't bothered much with the companion book because it talks a lot about magick, which I don't practice, but I'll reference it this month for the symbolism. And if I remember correctly it does have astrological and elemental information.

merissa_88

I've been using the Witches Tarot (Dugan/Evans deck). I haven't bothered much with the companion book because it talks a lot about magick, which I don't practice, but I'll reference it this month for the symbolism. And if I remember correctly it does have astrological and elemental information.

I will be interested in your take on this deck. I almost got it when it came out. I think the author is really interested in herbs?

merissa_88

Continuing with the Thoth. :) Thanks for the thread.

You are welcome! All this work with the Thoth is making me want to spend a month with my copy sometime. :)

merissa_88

Voyager Tarot

I am working with a combination of the Voyager Tarot and the Sustain Yourself Cards- both by James Wanless. I hope to spend the first part of the month with the book. Then I am going to focus on The Fortune Formula and journaling with the deck.

I am happy to finally use his decks with the books he's written. I usually just use whatever deck I am working with at the time.

Lycanthropos

Witches Tarot

I will be interested in your take on this deck. I almost got it when it came out. I think the author is really interested in herbs?

She is definitely interested in herbs. She's the 'Garden Witch' and has books on herbs and witchery. She's a pretty prolific author on the subject.

I have just posted a reading in the forum. I like using this deck on the full moon (and new moon) because of the design on the reverse of the cards. (see attached) I also like the Page of Cups in the deck. The card tends to represent my daughter, and in this deck the card is a young girl who looks similar to my kid, so it's perfect. I've had that card show up twice in the last week.

Attachments

• WitchRev.jpg
    WitchRev.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 74
  • PoC.jpg
    PoC.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 74

Rose Lalonde

I don't have the Witches or Voyager (and hadn't seen the latter until I looked it up today), and I'll be interested to read how you get on with them. :)

On a semi Thoth-related note, I'm looking forward to seeing the minors from the Tabula Mundi Tarot, inspired by the Thoth, when they're posted in a day and a half from now. I love the majors.

swedishfish612

Hi everyone,

Hope it's okay if I post in here, because I'm not actually doing DOTM yet. But I'm considering trying it in June. I typically do Deck of the Week b/c I have a short attention span with my decks, lol! But I have recently fallen head over heels with a deck and I feel ready to spend a long period of time with a deck.

Anyway, I'm posting wondering if you all do anything special to prepare to work with a deck for a whole month? For instance, do you keep a separate journal just for that deck? Do you pair an oracle with it? Anything else I'm not thinking about? I feel this urge to make it special in some way...light a new candle, maybe, or change up my altar/create a new one, when I begin working with my deck.

I look forward to joining you all in June, unless I suddenly get cold feet!