Deck of the Week Group sign up thread - Week 13 - 29th October - 5th November 2011

Chiriku

AJ, don't think I've ever eaten SPAM, although I actually quite like one of its distant relatives, Vienna Sausages (shhh, don't tell).

Chiriku, I'd love to hear more about how you are combining the Deck of the Week group and the IDS!

I separated the decks into reading decks and "activity/exercise/study" deck (the one I am IDS'ing with). The former were what I used anytime I interacted with cards in a reading sense: reading exchanges within this group's circle; occasional one-card draws/cards of the day, etc.

The IDS deck was reserved for non-reading things such as storytelling, meditation, journaling, etc.

It was theoretically easy to keep from reading with the IDS deck because the particular deck that I'm IDS'ing with is arranged in cycles of cards (a few Majors and several Minors) that the creator ties together using lunar astrology. Originally, I was journaling/storytelling about each card in the order it appears in the cycle. Then I realized I felt very confined by that system and last week shuffled just the cards within a particular cycle. Now I think I will go all out, at least for Halloween, and do a proper reading with the whole deck.

However, even if I decide to keep the IDS deck shuffled, I still will not be using it for the same things I use the deck of the week for. Deck of the week is reserved for minor topics, daily wisdom, etc. The study deck is used for more "out of the ordinary" things such as the rare "big" reading and for the non-reading exercises I described above.

You could also consider Mary K. GReer's "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card" as a means of studying your IDS deck; I've heard that book is good.

NikkiB

Hey Nik :) I'm taking a week off this week. (I mentioned it in the week 12 thread) Last few weeks have been rather swordsy and my psyche needs a break. :( I can't stop myself from posting and annoying everyone else, however. :D Next week I will resume with a new deck.

Sorry Head and brain completely detached from each other, i remember now!

Not that anyone has been looking but I finally got my head out of my arse and did a reading exchange in our circle.
Time to get back to real life and that's all to the good.
And I had SpAm for dinner.
Signing off until tomorrow my friends.

Great your joining us over in the exchange, it's good to get a bigger mix over there!

You could also consider Mary K. GReer's "21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card" as a means of studying your IDS deck; I've heard that book is good.

really really good book! i've just started it but an struggling with time but looking forward to getting back into it!

NikkiB

Happy Halloween Everyone :heart: x

AJ

It's Hallowmas here. The stores are a mishmash of orange and black, and red and green.

I live in a 4 block town and they just shut it off and turn downtown into one big gorgeous party. Just don't plan on going anywhere while it's going on ;)

NikkiB

It's Hallowmas here. The stores are a mishmash of orange and black, and red and green.

I live in a 4 block town and they just shut it off and turn downtown into one big gorgeous party. Just don't plan on going anywhere while it's going on ;)

That sounds great fun!

Elendil

Happy Hallowe'en/Samhain from me too...

:)

DaughterOfDanu

Any chance of some scans? I can't find much information on this deck anywhere (though I may well be looking in the wrong places). I don't think it is released in the UK yet - but a date is imminent.

My scanner/printer is broken (Just ask all my very irritated college professors ;) ) But the author of the deck has a FB and in it she has tons of pictures from the deck. I know a lot of people are anti-FB on here but it's not hard to make a completely blank profile and use it just for following your favorite card publishers.

Chiska

That sounds great! We don't do anything - I live at the end of a dead end dirt road and I have "Scary" dogs - so nobody ever ventures down here. *sigh*

NikkiB

That sounds great! We don't do anything - I live at the end of a dead end dirt road and I have "Scary" dogs - so nobody ever ventures down here. *sigh*

Same here, I'm on top of a hill on a farm on exmoor (also with scary dogs) so no fun here either! I need to kidnapp some children to play halloween with :)

VGimlet

Us too. :p No street lights, either. I think we've gotten about 3 kids since we moved here (and they were the neighbor kids who knew us and our dogs, LOL)

I did get to use my Halloween deck this weekend for a young woman who I read for once in awhile. She absolutely loved it, even though her reading was not the clearest. :p