Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 156 : July 26th - August 2nd

Elendil

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. Please feel free to join us in an informal exchange circle for members only:

Tarot Reading circle: Will create if requested.
Oracle Reading circle: Will create if requested.

5. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

6. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

List of Participants:
1. Elendil : Universal Waite Tarot Deck
2. Rose Lalonde : Victorian Romantic Tarot (2nd Edition) and I Misteri della Sibilla
3. BodhiSeed : Osho Zen Tarot and A'Ha Oracle
4. GoldenWolf : Roots of Asia Tarot and BoneFire Tarot (app)
5. AJ : Mythic Tarot
6. NadaJ : The Ellis DecK
7. VGimlet : Buckland Romani Tarot
8. The Happy Squirrel : The Ellis DecK and Gorgon's Tarot
9. swedishfish 612 : Golden Tarot (Kat Black) and The Faeries' Oracle (Froud)
10. toj : Tarot of the Four Elements

Rose Lalonde

Victorian Romantic Tarot (2nd) and I Misteri della Sibilla. Thanks, Elendil.

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Osho Zen Tarot paired with the A'HA Oracle. Thanks E.:heart:

Rose Lalonde, the I Misteri della Sibilla is one of the most beautiful sibilla decks available in my opinion - hope you enjoy working with it this week!:)

GoldenWolf

I'll do a second week with the Roots of Asia tarot and use the Bonefire Tarot app. Thanks!

NadaJ

I'll keep working with the Ellis deck this week.

VGimlet

Hard to believe it's August coming up! Sticking with the Buckland Romani this week. I am enjoying it so far, and glad I got it before it became crazy expensive, and/or reprinted on poor quality paper...

Was hoping I'd get one of the other decks I'm expecting in the mail today, but not yet...ah well..

The Happy Squirrel

The Ellis and Gorgon decks for me this week please :) Thank you :)

swedishfish612

Please put me down for Kat Black's Golden and Froud's Faeries oracle. (Odd combo, but it feels like it fits somehow.)

swedishfish612

I'm excited to work with the Golden this week. Laying out the cards, suit by suit and then just the majors, the artwork stuns me with its beauty. It affects me in an odd way...some cards are my absolute favorites, in just about any deck. There are cards in this deck that really stun me with how much they appeal to me. And then there are some that almost repel me. It's a weird push-pull dynamic. Part of me loves it, part of me wants to pull away from it. I wonder if my Catholic upbringing isn't at the root of that conflict?

This deck is an oddity in that I can't remember how I bought it, or why, or when. I recently made a database of all of my decks, including when/where I acquired them, and this is the only deck that is a mystery for me. I think I ordered it after I got the Touchstone, but I can't be sure. I think I've had it for a about a year.

When I pulled it out last night, I had this urge to use one of my favorite scarves as a spreadcloth. It's a deep, garnet red, with some rust and orange in it as well. They look amazing laid out on my scarf. I hope this deck ends up being a readable one for me. It feels different from my other decks. Most of my decks feel more "friendly" in nature, but this one feels formal and elegant. But there's a sense of magic about it that pulls me in. Magic and mystery.

It will be an interesting week, seeing how we get on.