Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 208 : July 25 - July 31

BodhiSeed

Hello, just stumbled across this topic. I'd love to join in this week, Morgan Greer, as my husband had a birthday and I'd like to do a birthday spread...and of my decks I am associating MG with him. Thx!

Great to have you joining the group, JankaV. :) And Happy Birthday to your husband!

madhatter00o

Hey guys! I've already started working with my deck, the Japanese Myth Tarot, and it's yielding such wonderful insights! I'm very excited to continue exploring the deck.

I posted a New Deck Interview on the Daily Draw thread, since I wanted to conduct a "get to know you" icebreaker reading before starting proper Daily Draws. It's my first time working with the deck, so I thought it would be appropriate.

I'm just a little confused, since no else has posted and I thought that maybe I wasn't supposed to start yet... Is there usually a regimen about how the Deck of the Week studies are supposed to be conducted? For example, does the organizer give us themes or suggestions for how/what to study each day, or is it typically more free-form? I'm still just really new to the community here (loving it, though!), and I don't want to be going against the norms as I'm learning my way around.

Any advice is appreciated! ^_^

swedishfish612

It's very free form. Many of us post here about how we like our decks (or don't!). Sounds like you found the thread for longer self-readings. Some post there, some don't. I noticed it's been inactive for a while. I don't tend to post because no one else does! lol

There's also a daily draws thread that Madrigal linked earlier, on page 1. That one seems more active among this group!

BodhiSeed

I'm just a little confused, since no else has posted and I thought that maybe I wasn't supposed to start yet... Is there usually a regimen about how the Deck of the Week studies are supposed to be conducted? For example, does the organizer give us themes or suggestions for how/what to study each day, or is it typically more free-form? I'm still just really new to the community here (loving it, though!), and I don't want to be going against the norms as I'm learning my way around.

Some of us have blogs, so we post our draws there. The readings thread is a good way to write about your draws if you don't have a blog. :)
As Swedishfish said, this is a group with very few rules (no sense in trying to herd cats :laugh:). But this thread is a great place to talk about what you're doing and how you're enjoying your deck!

Scarlet Woodland

Loving the Tarot of Vampyres already, its not an instant intuitive reader like some but can tell as I get to know it better this will start to come into play. Fantastic book too.

Having great fun with the Samhain Treat Deck. I spent the day after getting it going through the deck to write down jumping off points for interpretation of each card which has given me a good start... its kind of a taroracle at this point. Cant say enough about the seven stars cardstock either, I love the weight of the deck.

The Bohemian Gothic is being rather more elusive, there's a touch of the pulling teeth with it at the moment. Hopefully will get easier through the week. Alas it doesn't seem to work with the TOV book so no help there. Going to stick with the BG tonight as I need the most work on this.

Madrigal

Okay, decisions have been made and I'm in with the Cosmic Tarot paired with the Oracle of the Radiant Sun.

Madhatter, the daily draw thread, where you posted your reading, sees some weeks with lots of posting and other weeks with less. As BodhiSeed mentioned those of us with blogs tend to post on those instead. But, it's great to have folks pop in and post when they feel moved and I make a point to check in there a couple of times during the week to see what folks are up to daily-draw-wise :D

If you want to post a reading outside of the daily draws there's another thread here specifically for that. Just ignore the link to the dotw in its first post. Enjoy!

Scarlet Woodland

Okay, making some headway with the Bohemian Gothic now... playing tarot along a film :)
Decided to throw out the book learning ;) and take a walk around inside the cards.

First card that got me there was pulling the five of wands for 'how to de-grump myself'-oookay- so took a walk around inside and saw that the ghosty demons the robed figure is fighting looked kinda silly up close, then saw the there was a woman high up in one of the arches way in the distance looking down on the scene. There we go... from the outside your aggravations are pretty silly, take a higher perspective and find the humour in it.

Should be doing this with new decks anyway to be honest as really helps to bond and get to know the deck... so easy not to bother with decks you can just pick up and go with though. Must try and do this in future with my decks of the week.

VGimlet

Actually, can I change decks? I just got the Japanese Myth Tarot in the mail, and I'd already promised (in a another thread) to explain the mythological significance of the figures depicted on the cards.

oops, missed this - change has been made, and no problem. :p

VGimlet

If you want to post a reading outside of the daily draws there's another thread here specifically for that. Just ignore the link to the dotw in its first post. Enjoy!

Hmm, I guess I should create a new thread there one of these days - I rarely used it so I didn't realize there was a link to the current incarnation of this thread. :p

RiverRunsDeep

Hello, just stumbled across this topic. I'd love to join in this week, Morgan Greer, as my husband had a birthday and I'd like to do a birthday spread...and of my decks I am associating MG with him. Thx!

Welcome, JankaV! :)

No worries, madhatter. I am blog-less, and I post on Madrigal's Daily Draws
thread as often as I am able. I have been posting both my daily draws and my
full readings there, and no one has chastised me so far. :D

Okay, making some headway with the Bohemian Gothic now... playing tarot along a film :)
Decided to throw out the book learning ;) and take a walk around inside the cards.

Yes, this is how I found my way around the Bohemian Gothic as well. Seeing
what was happening in the images, and how the images interacted with each
other was more helpful than using book meanings. Good luck! This ended up
being one of my top-favorite decks.

I forgot how much I loved both Morgan Greer and Robin Wood; such nostalgia
attached to both decks. Enjoying the blunt, straightforward appeal of MG with
the more delicately drawn, feminine RW; an interesting contrast! My daily
draw is here.