Deck on walkabout?

MaryHeather

I have always wondered if anyone else has experienced this... your deck just disappears for a while. Later, it shows up exactly where you thought you put it.

Am I the only one this happens to?

magpie9

Nope.
Personally , I attribute it to the fairies. They like decks, and some of our other things besides. And then there are the borrowers.
Yes, really.

feynrir

Well it's definitely happened to me a few times! I'm just a forgetful soul though. :(

Just as well, I've also had a deck lost forever and a deck stolen (RAGE!!!), but I'd sure love it if those instances turned out to be "borrowers" situations as well. ;)

SunChariot

I'm with Magpie9. faeries. They've been known to do that kind of thing, especially around here. :grin:

Babs

Citrin

No... I'm very scatter-brained though so I lose things all the time, and later find them in a very obvious spot. :p

magpie9

Often if you ask very nicely and explain exactly why you need the item back, the fairies will return.It has a tendency to return in a place you Know you've searched before.

gregory

LORD yes. Not to mention some of them that you KNOW (and can even PROVE !) were put in x place turn up elsewhere.

I have one on walkabout right now - sadly it is VERY special (artist's prototype; a gift from a dear friend) and I am rather upset.... I can't bear to go look again yet to see if it's back; it's been a month, and I can't bear the idea that it is still on vacation...

Alta

House brownies..... very wicked senses of humour.

gregory

House brownies..... very wicked senses of humour.
What - YOU sent them. Thanks a lot. Not. One day soon I shall bravely go up there for another look...

MaryHeather

Since I started looking for that deck that went on walkabout, I realized there are two decks out and about. Interestingly enough, I used to always find them snuggled together, even when I put them on opposite ends of my deck cabinet.

Now I have this silly image of a New Palidini and Art Nouveau deck lying side-by-side on matching towels on a beach somewhere.