Deck Printer/Publisher?

The Heavy Metal Nerd

Hi, there! Me and a friend of mine are collaborating on making our own custom Tarot deck, and are wondering how we'd go about having them printed?

I asked around, but there aren't any card-makers in our area and it was suggested I look online. Does anyone have any reccomendations for a site/company that makes custom cards?

Falling_Star

Intrigued! Would love to see some samples!

gregory

The issue with Gamecrafter is their postage costs which are terrifying - and some people haven't been happy with the quality, either.

Metal Queen

Metal to Metal

Hi there,
I,too,am a very big fan of this musical genre and have just posted a few examples of my Wild Nature Tarot in the "What's New" site of Aeclectic Tarot. First listing for February 2013.

If you'd like to see more of my art,you can check out my website:www.firehorsecreations.net as I am also doing a Fantasy Warrior project.

In response to your question about finding a good printer/publisher,I would say a smart strategy might be to communicate with artists whose decks have already been professionally done and see which prices and style suit you best.

I'm in the process of doing the same type of research...although it may be awhile until I get to that point-it helps to know the options in advance.

It would be great to see some examples of your cards. Keep on!

gregory

Gamecrafter postage charges are now more sensible. Just FYI :)

Tasaulkah

Sidebar, metal (almost all genres really) fan here too. Agreed, check out local screen printer companies, talk to other artists, there's a link to a site I found on here for more or less printing your own deck personally, not for publication. Pre-determined sizes. It was quick cards, or Plain cards dot com. http://www.plaincards.com/QuickCards3.html.

\m/ - metal sign