Decks you can´t connect to

rylla

I've had several, mostly computer generated imagery (ie, Revelations). It just doesn't seem real to me. Never had any luck; don't like 'em and can't read 'em.

I don't like them either. I don't like comic style tarot decks either. I expect a tarot deck to have some kind of mysticism.

Nemia

Margarethe Petersen. I love the art, it's really beautiful, but as tarot, it doesn't speak to me at all. Not a single word. It's six or seven years since I bought it - not one reading that I could make sense of. Maybe I have to work more with it and not give up so easily.

Lo Scarabeo. I trimmed it, I made a cute little tin for it, I like the concept, it's an intelligent deck and some cards are really really clever. But the cartoonish artwork and the sexy babes everywhere are simply not for me. It looks shallow to me. As though the illustrator had absolutely no connection, no inner concept, of the tarot, its actors, scenes, archetypes and symbols, but simply followed an instruction sheet. Probably it's really unfair of me - but this deck with its skilled use of water colors, lightness, intelligence and interesting ideas leaves me cold. Cold. Cold.

I hated the Jungian and traded it away. I deeply regret buying the Art of Life tarot.

All other decks in my little collection are much cherished and beloved.

Margarethe Petersen's time may come, Lo Scarabeo's as well. Once I use them consistently, I may build up a connection. But while the Wild Unknown, Etruscan, Secret Forest, Morgan Greer, Anna K. and Thoth answer all my questions and return love with love - I don't bother with the marginal decks. (Marginal for me.)

Freddie

I cannot connect with any deck that uses photography or is too computer generated. I have tried a few decks of this sort and I got rid of them as they were useless for me.

I really like the 'Book of Thoth' by Lo Scarabeo as I think it is a cool looking deck, but I could not deal with the major arcana and strange meanings written on the cards. I gave up on it.

I tried hard to stay with the Lo Scarabeo decks 'Universal Wirth' and 'Golden Dawn', but I just could not deal with the people being morphed into comic book super hero sex toys.

'Tarot of the Angels' I like, but this one is not for everyone as it is not structured like most angel decks (most decks have angel names on each card, most angel people prefer this). It is pretty much Rider-Waite with angels, but it is a lot more realistic than most angel decks. For myself as a Golden Dawn/B.O.T.A. type of lightworker, I feel this deck really captures my hermetic based connection with angels.

Freddie

FLizarraga

I am also repulsed by some of the creepy-faux-cute decks (big weird faces and eyes with creepy doll look)

Oh, the Magical Forest. GOD! That's beyond creepy.

or extreme gore decks, and they are nothing I would ever want to use for self or others, since there would never to me be a 'good' card!

I am a horror movie fan, not easily rattled or repulsed. That said, I have never been able to bring myself to use Giger's Baphomet. I find it extremely unsettling.

ana luisa

Oh, the Magical Forest. GOD! That's beyond creepy.

Funny. I thought the eyes were meaningless so didn't go for the deck :D The Deviant Moon eyes are the ones that made me feel weird.

I am a horror movie fan, not easily rattled or repulsed. That said, I have never been able to bring myself to use Giger's Baphomet. I find it extremely unsettling.

One more more the Giger ;) Which makes me wonder if repulsion is something that you have instantly, develop over time and/or can be overcome .... The first time I saw this deck:

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=...Fgrail.chudoforum.ru%2Ft5208p25-topic;694;656

it REALLY made me nauseous. After a while, though, I got used to it and found it really deep. Others like the Deviant still make me uncomfortable but can also be read with.

Water Lady

I love the art in Tarot Illuminati but it give nonsense readings for me, I don't buy occult, dark, computer or photo generated cards. too creepy for me in general. also large cards are a issue it seems, I think it is a tactile thing I need to feel the cards in my hands and if They aren't comfortable I can't get that sense of them.

FLizarraga

One more more the Giger ;) Which makes me wonder if repulsion is something that you have instantly, develop over time and/or can be overcome .... The first time I saw this deck:

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=...Fgrail.chudoforum.ru%2Ft5208p25-topic;694;656

it REALLY made me nauseous. After a while, though, I got used to it and found it really deep. Others like the Deviant still make me uncomfortable but can also be read with.

Hmm. Another Black Tarot. I prefer this one, though. I can see why it would make you nauseous: it's extremely visceral. But it's so beautiful!

With the Giger, the scans intrigued me, but the actual cards made me deeply, viscerally uneasy. I wouldn't say they scare me per se, but I feel they can take you to a place I don't want to go to. Where that the last Tarot deck on Earth, I wouldn't read with it. That's how strongly I feel about it, and I'm not particularly skittish, like I said.