Diary of Broken Soul

Alta

Hi Ash, I am pretty sure that the discussion was meant to be light and was about the title only. As you know, I treasure my copy of your deck. While most of us have never slid quite that deeply, everyone experiences losses and disasters in their lives that at least temporarily hurl them into those dark places. I find it hard to imagine that anyone could not view your deck and not see its raw pain and power.

Alta

Diary of a Broken Soul

I saw elsewhere that Diary of the Broken Soul is going has been picked up and is to be published by Schiffer.

Nina*

That is WONDERFUL news, Alta! Thank you for posting!!

Alta

I thought so! I just had a brief chat with Ash and she is pleased and excited.

Maan

Alta thank you for the update. This deck has been on my wishlist for years. So happy might be able to read with it some day.

gregory

I saw elsewhere that Diary of the Broken Soul is going has been picked up and is to be published by Schiffer.
Oh wow ! Schiffer seems to have developed taste - they have also picked up Bonefire.

I do hope they don't make a mess of all that black, though....

sacredashes

Dear friends,

It certainly is good news for me and I hope, for folks out there who wish to work with this deck. Logistics have been hard for me to follow up with and working with Schiffer will enable others to have access to this deck.

When I posted up the creation process, I was and still am grateful for the support fellow readers have shown me... here and at Adam's forum. Folks like thorhammer, truelighth, jeremy lampkin, shadowdancer, alta, gregory and so many more.. If I didn't mention your user ID here, it doesn't mean I forgotten about you, it just means that it's has been 7 years (yeah, time sure flies huh? :):) ) since Day 1.

The challenge for me now is to revisit Jahanam and write the stories behind each card, the symbolism and hopefully, that will explain more about the images. I have received emails asking about them but I never got around to writing the book because I figured it would never get picked up by a publisher.

It was Diane Wilkes who insisted I submit it last year and when I told her my fear of rejection, she refused to buy it. Friends like that are rare. In the end, with her help, I submitted the deck so now, the journey and another challenge begins.. writing the LWB.

I have been busy building my tattoo portfolio the last 3 years but this is a chance that won't came by twice. The thing about this whole experience is that I never thought The Diary would help others when it was supposed to be my personal art therapy. If there is one thing I would like to share about this exercise is that if you have a dream, pursue it.. work for it and it will come true one day :)

Ash

rwcarter

Congrats Ash! I have one of the editions where you can use the cards to build. The way I shuffle, the cuts catch each other. So I'm definitely looking forward to a "regular" edition as I missed buying the one you created.

I've used the Diary for a couple of Dark Deck Truth (DDT) Exchanges and while I felt completely unsure about my readings, they seemed to resonate with my partners. So your "personal art therapy" definitely resonates with others!

Rodney

shadowdancer

Brilliant !! :D

Fantastic !! :D

Awesome !! :D

Hope they do it justice. Keep on their case Ash to ensure it how you want it be depicted.

My two copies are cherished. I remember the held breath when I said I had trimmed one of them....lol

Davina

avalonian

That is wonderful news, this is a deck I thought I would never be able to own and now I just have to be patient. Very very patient!

:) :) :)