Did anyone watch Rita Cosby tonight?

Grizabella

Rita Cosby did a segment of her show warning people about tarot readers and psychics tonight and she featured (wouldn't you know?) one of the scam artists! I don't think that's a very balanced report and I feel like writing to MSNBC about it, but I probably won't.

catlin

Why not writing to them? Can't we start a kind of letter of complaint? When more ppl are signing it, maybe this will give the tv guys a kind of thinking different about tarot.

starrystarrynight

I didn't see the segment, but I'm not surprised by it. Are you?

Maybe this is oppositely stereotypical, but doesn't it just seem that those who are most skeptical are probably those who are most curious about the topic as well? (Or scared to believe lest others might think them irrational or something?)

Just my ramblings....

Yora

^^ Yeah write to the buggers if you really feel like doing your say and if you have stamps! :D

Elven

Please write Lyric - even if its a line of advice from your favourite Deck of tarot LOL!! :D

Blessings
Elven x

Tarotphelia

I saw the tail end of that report, but with a different announcer who interviewed the the guy who visited the psychics. The first offensive thing was that it was called "The truth about psychics" , and not the truth about psychic scams. The point of the piece was to show that all psychics are scam artists.

Apparently the undercover guy got scammed by every psychic and card reader he went to . They wanted lots of money to remove curses, etc. , and he fed them a line of bull about his own situation too. Which in my book makes him almost as bad as the scammers.

Needless to say, Mr Undercover didn't bother trying to find any reputable psychics , or even to try out the free readers on the internet who aren't asking for a damn thing from anybody .

The interview ended up with the advice that nobody should go to psychics , they should go to priests instead . How arrogant and condescending is that ?

I assume one might be able to find a transcript or video of the piece on their website .

Brock Johnson

I think you should write and offer a reading. I'd be glad to give them one. I'm going to research this more because this is really mean. Just the whole "generalization" thing, well, in general, is completely offensive.

Brock

Baroli

That's so stupid

You should write to them. This stereotype crap is so bogus. I think Brock has the right idea offer her a reading. As a matter of fact you can email her on MSNBC.com No stamp required.

On another note, last night for those in the states, on CBS television, the show NCSI had a segment where the oddball crime fighter known as "Abs", who wears alot of black, was using giant RW tarot deck. She said she uses Tarot in order to focus. I didn't know they made decks that big.

Baroli

Brock Johnson

Can you put a link that could take us to a webpage where this is listed. I looked all over so I could read the article but couldn't find anything. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Brock