Disappointed ;(

Alta

Anyone else felt highly disappointed with a deck they had been waiting for?
I don't use a lot of oracles, the Lenormand somewhat & that's a different story, but I love the Faeries' Oracle & did from day 1. So when the new Heart of Faerie came out I was really excited. Somehow, while I can and have read with them quite a few times, it always seem slightly impenetrable compared to the original. The art seems too slick and the fae themselves (however one might envision their energies) seem hidden. And it has been quite a while now.

HearthCricket

Yes! I was so excited about Jody Bergsma's Magical Times Empowerment Cards. I should have paid more attention to the word "Empowerment" because I was thinking of an amazing oracle like Spirit of the Wheel, which I love. Instead the artwork of the deck is all pre-worked, lots of the illustrations I have had as magnets on my fridge for about 10 years or so. Nothing new, nothing fresh. So after the excitement and delight of the Tarot Illuminati, this was a complete let down. I am getting weary of artists using the tarot/oracle world as just another venue to sell their old artwork. I haven't bought anything since. :(

lalalibra

I don't use a lot of oracles, the Lenormand somewhat & that's a different story, but I love the Faeries' Oracle & did from day 1. So when the new Heart of Faerie came out I was really excited. Somehow, while I can and have read with them quite a few times, it always seem slightly impenetrable compared to the original. The art seems too slick and the fae themselves (however one might envision their energies) seem hidden. And it has been quite a while now.

Interesting what you say about the Heart of Faeries deck in comparison to the Faeries oracle. I find this to be true for me as well, as I love the Faeries oracle and have always connected to it so well; it's been hugely insightful and helpful to me. And while I also really like the Heart of Faeries oracle, it feels a bit vague to me sometimes, like it's not always clear to me what the cards are getting at. I love having it, but I haven't warmed up to it as much. Perhaps in time....

Anyway, I've also had the icky feeling of regretting a deck, wishing to be able to return it, almost obsessively going over all the other decks I could have gotten with the money instead and would have enjoyed more... But then I've ended up putting it away for some time, only to pick it up in a different mindset, and have found it to be wonderful. And then on the other side of the spectrum, I've also loved a deck for quite some time, only to get bored with it for a while... and then, again, returned to it once more.
This is why I haven't gotten rid of any of my decks so far. Not to say that anyone shouldn't, as you can be sure of what works for you and what doesn't. But I just mean they have such different energies, and if you like the deck enough and you have it, you never know when it will jive well with you. So it's good to give them a chance. I almost have a little feeling like we're meant to have the decks that we do, kind of like the people in our lives.. :)