Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

reall

But why not anyone interested could get a copy?
Paying only printing costs and shipping. Not profit anyone.
It is a great advertising tool for AT forum.

i don't have anything against profit/who ever get it/ its not that there be any more after production and shipping cost!:))
in any case i would luv to get my deck!:))
and everyone else who wish to have one should be able to bay it?!!^^:)))

Flames

But what if I cannot contribute, but I would like a copy? I am from AT forum, this would be an AT-deck, why should I not be able to get one too?

Hi daphne, :)
I understand what you're saying. Nothing's been decided yet...These are additional concerns and issues that still need ironing out. As soon as we know more, people will be informed and we can then take it from there. Thank you.

wooden-eye

Are we likely to use Games Crafter and have this deck 'print on demand"?

Can this be achieved by pricing the deck to produce no profit?

Why would the deck not be available to anyone in the universe who would want it?
Eg I live in Aus and have lots of family and friends in England. I will tell them about the deck and some will probably, want to buy one.
Perhaps I am missing something, but inclusive is generally preferable to exclusive.

tarotbear

Are we likely to use Games Crafter and have this deck 'print on demand"?

Can this be achieved by pricing the deck to produce no profit?

We're going to go down a deep rabbit hole with this discussion.

TGC is a POD printer, but a deck still has to have an 'account' and 'someone' that account belongs to. BTW - TGC does not pay a royalty in cash - it can be sent to someone's PayPal account once it reaches a certain level (means taxes have to be paid on the profit), or the owner of the account can 'take it out' in points they redeem for free decks. It is not like a deck can be on TGC and no one gets anything nor is responsible for it.

Yes - if it costs $18 to produce the deck the selling price could be set at $19 POD sale but most of the profit (70%) still goes to the owner of the account. (TGC gets 30%)

This is why (with permission from Solandia) if someone goes through Makeplayingcards or Printers Studio and a finite number of decks are produced at a time, sent to a central person, and shipped out all over the world that the 'profitability' factor will drop. However - you would need people willing to do this - and someone to run it.

Just my two cents; your mileage may vary.

nisaba

<bashfully>

Hello.

I would like to be a part of this.

annabel398

Here it is... artwork size!

Folks, the poll is trending strongly and I know everyone is ready to get to work, so here you go:

DIGITAL ARTISTS:
Your art should be 750 pixels wide by 1225 pixels tall at 300dpi.
(If you want to work larger than life size, you can do 1000x1633 at 400dpi)

NON-DIGITAL ARTISTS:
Your art should be 2-1/2" wide by 4-1/16" tall.
or 63mm wide by 104mm tall.
Want to work larger than life size? Try 5" x 8-1/8" (or 127mm x 207mm) and scan at 50%

The ratio of width to height should be 30:49.

You don't have to worry about "safe area" or "bleeds"--because we're doing borders in post-production, you can just design to the exact space listed above.

Ladies and gentlemen... start your engines!

(I hope I'm not jumping the gun here, but I think we're ready for this step... agreed?)

I will upload templates as soon as, er, ah, as soon as I renew my membership <blush>