Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

annabel398

By the way, TarotBear's writeup for the Devil trump is in the shared Dropbox, and it's amazing. I won't point to it as a model for the rest of us, because that would be a pretty high bar... so instead I'll say, let it be an inspiration!

gregory

There is an AEclectic folder in the Dropbox account, and I will put anyone's artwork there who gives me permission to do so. You can see it by clicking here:
link to Dropbox with shared artwork

I may be mistaken, but I *think* anyone with that link can see whatever's in the folder, even if you don't have a Dropbox account of your own.
I can see two cards in there - 3 pents and devil. But I DO have a dropbox account. Can we not actually drop our own cards in ?? (I have never tried sharing in this sort of way before, but that might be easier for you...)

ETA yes it is visible to all- I just tested it in another browser where I have never logged into dropbox. Well done - I had no idea how to do that ! :)

annabel398

I'm learning more about Dropbox's finer points myself...

It's really a pretty cool service. Free, shareable disk space available from anywhere with a browser--what's not to love, right? Extremely useful for freelancers and their clients, especially when it comes to exchanging huge graphics files.

The paid accounts (which I use at work) have finer access control, but I think our arrangement of one group folder that everyone can SEE plus indiv. artists folders that only they can EDIT is going to work for this project.

Btw, I do kinda like the idea of at least some of the deck being a surprise... though I also see the fun in getting a sneak preview. Well, it's up to each artist to decide.

Artists, don't forget--we need a LWB entry for each card you create.

tarotbear

Just one of my usual acerbic comments ~ :smoker:

As I read through the now five threads concerning this collaborative deck, I can't help but notice that most of the people that I have referred to as 'the whiners' all seem to start their whining by saying 'Well! The LAST time we did a deck... ' or 'We never did it THIS WAY before..."

This isn't the LAST time or a previous deck - this is THIS deck! Yes - things are being done differently this time around; maybe they'll work out better than sliced bread - maybe they won't. Why be held back by the past when we could be boldly going where no AT Collaborative Tarot has gone before? It could be better; it could be worse - we might even fail. I'm just going with the flow and enjoying myself! :laugh:

I'm almost done with my second card!

gregory

Just one of my usual acerbic comments ~ :smoker:

As I read through the now five threads concerning this collaborative deck, I can't help but notice that most of the people that I have referred to as 'the whiners' all seem to start their whining by saying 'Well! The LAST time we did a deck... ' or 'We never did it THIS WAY before..."

This isn't the LAST time or a previous deck - this is THIS deck! Yes - things are being done differently this time around; maybe they'll work out better than sliced bread - maybe they won't. Why be held back by the past when we could be boldly going where no AT Collaborative Tarot has gone before? It could be better; it could be worse - we might even fail. I'm just going with the flow and enjoying myself! :laugh:
Well as the prime whiner, and the idiot who first suggested Gulliver should go for it - if we HAD done it the same way as before, very few of the issues would even have come up, so...

tarotbear

Well as the prime whiner, and the idiot who first suggested Gulliver should go for it - if we HAD done it the same way as before, very few of the issues would even have come up, so...

So ~ You'd rather bread did not come pre-sliced? :laugh:

I agree - when the entire deck has been assembled a 'grand unveiling' to the rest of the non-participants would be nice - but this is a collaboration; why shouldn't the participants be able to see what others are doing and possibly collaborate on their cards? Someone lacking a certain ability could ask someone or some help, input, etc.

IMHO - ONWARD!

Flames

The artwork looks fantastic! What an inspiring process. Way to go, everybody! :)

Just to reiterate Annabel's message - DON'T FORGET YOUR LWB ENTRY FOR EACH CARD YOU CREATE. (When Gulliver is online, she will add your name to your second choice on the Sign Up thread, if you're interested in creating an additional card). Please be patient.
Thank you. :)

And...

I think dropbox is wonderful, too. If you'd like to share your work, then go ahead. If not, that's fine, too. :) Either way, LET US NOT FORGET WHY WE'RE DOING THIS. This is done in the SPIRIT OF CREATIVITY. Let's have some fun!! As tarotbear says, "Onward." ;)