Do you know a Gemini?

Tor

First, let me clarify one thing: I'm not a Gemini and I even don't have any planets in this sign.

But as I read Alan Oken's book 'Complete astrology', I thought of a Gemini that used to be a friend of mine.

He surprised me, because he was very occupied with his mind as I suspected Geminis to be, but the way he argued and explained his thoughts, I had a feeling that he was stupid. He wasn't rational.

Then when I read Oken's book he described Geminis to have a 'personal logic'. And that made so sense to me.

My ex-buddy admittet that his therapist said he had a 'thought failure' - but I wonder if it's just the personal logic that had come out?

Do you have any experiences with Geminis? Do they have a personal logic?

ThunderWolf

I've had close relationships with a couple Gemini's. The one I'm still friends with is very logical and makes a great deal of sense to me most of the time. He's extremely intelligent and that in and of itself seems to give him an ability for logic that I believe most people just don't get because his intelligence is so very above average.

My former friend (for whom I bear no ill will and wish only the best--things just got toxic) was someone who had the most personal logic of anyone I've ever come across! During most of our friendship I thought she was nuts! I loved her anyway, but so much of the time I just didn't understand her "so called" (LOL) logic. What you've posted makes soooo much sense now!

celticnoodle

I have a sister who is a Gemini. this was interesting to read, but yet, I don't see it as totally describing my sister. I'm not sure I'd call her logical. We all do at times think she is nuts--but that is another story! :p

she is however, a very intelligent woman. Always was. It almost seems like it comes natural to her and it surprises me in a way because she is not & was not ever a reader-save romance novels and yet she has/had this knack of being able to do well in every subject.

Personal logic, eh? hmmm...I'll have to think on this. Perhaps.

I am trying to think of other geminis I may know--but so far I can't think of anyone else.

Barleywine

I've been married to one for 34 years (and we're even still friends, but I'm a very tolerant person! ;)) She lives almost entirely in the mental realm, and when she latches onto an idea she doesn't let go for anything (right now it's conspiracy theories, which the internet serves up in great abundance - and more than a little capricious abandon). However, a simple "Sun in Gemini" analysis doesn't tell the whole story. She has Sun, Mercury and Jupiter in a tight conjunction right on the Ascendant, so she can be so absolutely convinced of the legitimacy of any conviction she currently holds (which she has of course "researched" - which I guess means she has read more than one website opinion about) that it can be hard to talk to her in any contradictory way. We often agree to disagree.

Minderwiz

I've been married to one for 34 years (and we're even still friends, but I'm a very tolerant person! ;)) She lives almost entirely in the mental realm, and when she latches onto an idea she doesn't let go for anything (right now it's conspiracy theories, which the internet serves up in great abundance - and more than a little capricious abandon). However, a simple "Sun in Gemini" analysis doesn't tell the whole story. She has Sun, Mercury and Jupiter in a tight conjunction right on the Ascendant, so she can be so absolutely convinced of the legitimacy of any conviction she currently holds (which she has of course "researched" - which I guess means she has read more than one website opinion about) that it can be hard to talk to her in any contradictory way. We often agree to disagree.

I think you put your finger on it....what we are really describing is a 'mercurial' person', that is one with a Prominent Mercury...or even an 'Airy or Sanguine person'. Simply having Sun in Gemini is not enough, though it does add sanguinity to the temperament, which is more than can be said for Sun in Libra or Sun in Aquarius :)

poivre

Love this thread! :D
I worked with three Geminis for three years...them and me (virgo).
Found them all intelligent and humourous.

I found they have their own agenda and very loving in their own way.
These people I worked with, almost drove me crazy. I always had to
just let them be who they were and not take anything personally.
When I got caught up with them, it was like being in a wind storm...
this too would pass.

I like them. They keep things interesting.

I still work with two of them. :confused: :)

LovelyMissAries

My ex-buddy admittet that his therapist said he had a 'thought failure' - but I wonder if it's just the personal logic that had come out?

Do you have any experiences with Geminis? Do they have a personal logic?

I have Gemini ASC, with Mars and Jupiter in Gemini. Mars conjunct the ASC, too.

I'm pretty logical and practical (Taurus moon.) I don't think my logic is my own special brand or anything, it's common sense. Most of the time when I give advice or my opinion it matches with the general consensus at the time. Maybe that means I'm a sheep, I'm not sure. However if you're going to analyze his thought processing I would look at Mercury instead of the Sun. Mercury rules communication and the way one processes information.

That said, it also makes sense some Geminis would have "personal logic." Their opposite Sagittarius certainly does, and all the opposites on the wheel share traits in common with each other.

spiraling

At their best, Gemini's are masters at free-associative, creative thinking. These analogies come with seeming brilliance at times, as well as proving to be highly intuitive, in hindsight. One of my close friends is a Gemini, and the majority of our conversations were based upon the high level of free association shared between each other's ideas; our 'personal logic' was in sync. I'm a Virgo, so I would take some detail or facet of the joke and 'develop' it further, to the point of morbidity, at times. There was a sense of mimicry, also, which is another Gemini specialty. It was a neverending sequence of inside jokes, impromptu, verging upon accidental genius. It was absolutely hilarious to us, but it confused the 'outsiders'.

Sigh, ideal personal joke environments between the Mercurial.

Surabhi

Gemini is a third astrological sign people. The ruling planet of Gemini is Air. The symbol of their sign is Twins which also represents their dual minded nature. Gemini daily horoscope says about there positive and negative traits.
Positive quality are : Adaptable, congenial, expressive, and clever
Negative quality are : They may have a tendency to criticize, complain, be ungrateful, and be wishy washy

Celtictarot

I'm Gemini in both Mercury and sun. Libra for my moon! And rather interestingly a cancer ascendant!

I do tend to live in my head too much and I hate loud people!