Do you share yourself with all your decks?

Tarot by G

Or do you stick to the one deck! I have so many decks but nothing compared to all of you guys.
How do you use all the different decks?

Can you use a deck a week somehow?

I buy them because I can't wait to use them but then I'm always running back to Rider.

Chiriku

For over year now, I've been a member of a group here ("Deck of the Week") in which I decide on a deck each week and use it however I see fit during that week.

Ostensibly, it's "a different" deck each week, but several times, I've decided to use the previous week's deck for another week, sometimes two. This works out because I often am too busy to get any real time with the deck the first time around, and also because most of my collection is not with me at my location and thus I have a more limited number of decks to circulate.

However, for most of my life as a tarotist, I rarely used more than 2-3 decks in my whole collection. That was because I collected decks for different reasons back then, in a fairly indiscriminate way. It wasn't until after I began consciously acquiring only those decks that I had a good idea I could really use and enjoy that I was in the right frame of mind to begin circulating them.

I also have one deck, the deck most important to me, that I keep "on call" throughout the weeks and months, to accompany and/or supplant whatever Deck of the Week I'm using based on my particular needs at the moment. Sounds like the Rider Waite Smith might be your equivalent.

Chiriku

How to use them

As to how I use them within the week, that varies a great deal and is down to my schedule/time management, whims, and what I feel a particular deck is good for.

For instance, when I've used erotic-themed decks, I've liked to use them to read for others to see how they apply to different situations, but as it's not really "the thing" for face-to-face querents (at least mine, who are usually either strangers or distant acquaintances referred to me), I read for people here on the forum, in the Deck of the Week reading threads, or the erotic threads or what have you.

Other decks, I don't feel the need to read at all. I can study something to do with their symbology or history. Or, as I have done this week with the Transformational Tarot, I can do exercises or imaginative games with them (I'm using games from The Tarot Playbook).

Still other decks are the sort of deck I reserve for self-readings, especially ones meant to mine the subconscious. I might do one reading with that deck and spend all week interpreting it.

Lots of different stuff for you to try.

AJ

I've been rotating my decks one a week for years. Not rotating in some manner is poor justification for the expense of decks. I work hard for my money and if I'm not getting value for it them I'm being a very poor steward of my finances. More about practicality than tarot I guess...

Bhavana

I try to use a lot of them - though at least half never get any attention, because I don't consider them good reading decks...or I just never "got on" with them. At any given time, I usually have about 4 or 5 decks I am working with. Right now it's the PCO, the Haindl, the Alchemical, and my new Hezicos...Crystal Visions, a deck I never wanted and said I would never buy, just got put away...but I am sure she will be out again.

I tend to use my RW deck a lot too, I love it - it's so familiar and comforting, and it's one of the old copies, and has this amazing cardstock - slightly worn in, but perfect. We have an understanding, that deck and I.

Morwenna

(I had this big answer written out, then dozed off and erased it by accident...)

Well, it varies. I have several decks I've studied but never read with; I have a few I've read with often, but less in recent years; there are a few I've read with sporadically. Lately I've been trying to get some of the laggards out for some exercise, but sometimes I'm the laggard who needs some exercise! I've just finished up with activities related to the country fair in which my husband and I enter things, so now I can start back into Tarot mode. (But don't anybody hold your breath.)

Grizabella

I don't use all of mine but every so often I'll go look through the ones I haven't been using to see if there's one that suddenly lights up for me. Periodically that does happen. For instance, I didn't get much out of the Lisa Hunt Fairytale tarot even though I'm an experienced reader so I put it away for a few years and now it's a time when I've had another epiphany with reading and I can use it just fine to read with.

I've also had a big light bulb moment with Lo Scarabeo decks and am using a bunch of them where before I couldn't make heads nor tails with them for some reason.

Right now I have two baskets on my desk that are full of decks I hadn't used much before and some of them are fast becoming great working decks.

firefrost

I've only got a handful of decks left now, and out of that handful the only two I'm interested in for now are my Isis TdM and my Simply Deep. Not picked any of the others up for ages.

tarotcognito

God knows I've tried to share myself with all my decks... but my Tarot of the Elves is one heck of a jealous deck. It lets me look at others decks, but won't let me touch 'em. ;)

Tarot by G

Ok going to do a deck a week good idea but should I join a group on here, blog it, journal it? Now I'm confused :)