Does anyone actually LOVE the Shadowscapes deck, or is it just me!?

AngelArmogida

I've heard and read so many reviews about the Shadowscapes deck and most people say the same thing.. the images are works of art, but as a Tarot deck they are too small, too much detail, too airy, the colours are not great, readings are inaccurate, hard to connect with the deck etc..

Does anyone actually like the deck?

I for one am in love with it. I've been searching for a deck that would click with me for about a decade and finally came across the Shadowscapes one. I found the deck easy to bond with, easy to read and decipher, the images are gorgeous and my readings are incredibly accurate. Am I the only one who loves this deck??

Shade

It is a wonderful deck. Some people think that the artwork was made too small but it's a minor quibble and if you read in good light. It's very readable, has very little internal mythology for a Fairy-based deck, and allows you to mainly make interpretations based upon mood and animal symbolism.

It's become vogue to bag on the deck, usually with the reasons given that it's artwork can feel too small, the cardstock is not the best, and it's pretty (some people just don't like pretty).

Serenia

I love the deck, too! I'd prefer larger images (maybe borderless cards!) as well, but the images are not too small for me to see. I have to be in the right mood, though, in order to read with it - otherwise I just see soft colours and swirls. But when I'm in the right mood for it, it gives really valuable insights!

I particularly love the Magician, Death, Temperance, the Devil, the World, the foxes in the Wands cards and the chameleons in the Pentacles cards! :love:

AngelArmogida

I'm so glad there are others who love the deck too. Yes, the card stock is too thin, not the fault of the designer but it's disappointing. I'm pretty familiar with the deck as I spend a lot of time looking at each image and path working with them, so I don't have a problem with not seeing the detail in dim light as I know each card well.

Serenia I love those images too. My favourite card of the deck is the Page of Cups though, she's gorgeous.

Thinking of getting the Joie de Vivre deck next.

Shade

The two hardcover books with the art in large size are well worth getting. Stephanie sells them on her site.

GryffinSong

I LOVED this deck in development, was disappointed in the physical deck, and now LOVE it again as an app on my iPad. The images show as the size she posted online, and are so crisp and bright that they truly do justice to her artwork. Too much is lost in the physical deck to even begin to compare.

tigerlilybug

I for one undeniably LOVE this deck! It is the only one I use solely for myself it has already opened a door to my spiritual life that no other has done. Call me weird but I am a big fan of thin cards I feel like I can maneuver them better, I actually seek out that style of card because I prefer it so much to a thicker card stock. Her artwork is so soft and vibrant I feel like I'm on a journey and adventure using the cards although I do feel some of the detail was lost because of it having to be so small but the book that came with the deck shows larger versions which feed my need adequately. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and have even thought of buying another for back up (;

ravynangel

deleted :)

kimtsan

Ahhhh I am in the process of acquiring it. I swear, it's such an awesome deck (from the images I've seen online). My birthday is coming up and I've been dropping blatant hints (a little bit shamelessly, I might add, but it's Shadowscape, so I stand proud). I WILL HAVE IT IN MY POSSESSION!!!

Le Fanu

Some people think that the artwork was made too small but it's a minor quibble...
:bugeyed: Really? Not being able to see the details and symbolism to respond to and decipher is quite a major issue for me when looking at cards.

I think many people's reaction - or maybe just me - is the sadness I feel that so much hard work and creativity and inventiveness and richness has been shrunken into a sort of knotty mass with a few foxes thrown in.

However, there is hope. Seriously. The Fools Dog app is the only way to go. I got rid of my deck and then bought the app just out of curiosity when I was thinking about the deck one day and I was amazed at the richness of the images. Really, if you only have the deck edition I don't know how anybody can magically imagine what's really depicted.

Get the app and enjoy the deck in all its richness!