Does Doing a Reading Drain You/Your experiences?

Dominoo

I find, after I do a couple of readings, I'm drained. Like, absolutely drained; I don't want to do anything anymore time of "drained". By the end of the day I'm absolutely exhausted (say, I'm learning to read cards on the weekend). I'm an engineering student and I know the amount of studies we do can be exhausting, but this is a different kind of exhaustion. It feels like the deck drains me every time I ask a question and interpret it.

Does anyone else find they have the same effect?

It's funny, I notice the spreads continue to tell me similar things as what previous psychics have said. Yes-No questions tend to predominating sided to one side of the spectrum. And I notice my deck has a personality (I would ask very simple questions such as "If my name A, B" or "Is my birthday X, Y, Z" it would respond with cards that suggest "maybe". Even when I ask my about my friends, same answer). I read in the text later (book supplied with the deck) and it talks about the deck having a sassy vibe. So, I wonder if it is just this deck in particular and how it connects to me?

And the level of detail, in discussions, that the cards suggest is unreal. I did a spread about my friend and his dog (Wolfie) and it talked about how Wolfie felt relieved, found his "savor" sort of deal when he was picked up from the pound when my friend first got him, and then there were cards about obedience, obsession, etc. On my friend's side there were feelings of regret, regret that he couldn't quite provide (always working) or a hindrance (he's constantly moving and rarely has someone to look after him so he's a bit of a burden at times).

Is there a concern with this "energy"? A friend that does read tarots tells me that I should watch myself when reading the cards too much.

danieljuk

I find it very draining as well. I don't do more than one medium to larger reading a day because it's too tiring!

Some people use protection techniques before using tarot if you believe in spirit guides. But after the readings, try to ground yourself! meditate and feel your feet barefoot on the floor and eat something! Do something non tarot.

my top tip after the draining (and someone gave me on here!) is to drink water! it makes such a difference. Drink water during your reading and afterwards, it really helps my energy levels!

I'm not concerned about it, it's just using a lot of concentration and energy perhaps! Grounding can really help but I haven't quite conquered that yet :)

Dominoo

I find it very draining as well. I don't do more than one medium to larger reading a day because it's too tiring!

Some people use protection techniques before using tarot if you believe in spirit guides. But after the readings, try to ground yourself! meditate and feel your feet barefoot on the floor and eat something! Do something non tarot.

my top tip after the draining (and someone gave me on here!) is to drink water! it makes such a difference. Drink water during your reading and afterwards, it really helps my energy levels!

I'm not concerned about it, it's just using a lot of concentration and energy perhaps! Grounding can really help but I haven't quite conquered that yet :)

Thanks for your input, it's very helpful! :D

I ended up playing a game and having a cup of tea after and it definitely feels better. I did a reading for a friend and seeing what her month is going to be like. She's going to tell me if there is any connection.

Barleywine

I may be in the minority here, but I find it tremendously energizing. Recently I did three 36-card Lenormand GT readings in a single afternoon for family members. It was so fascinating that I never felt a moment's weariness. Then we had a couple of beers, and that did what the cards couldn't! :laugh:

lepleadian

tired after the 3d reading....i might falll asleep

Dominoo

I may be in the minority here, but I find it tremendously energizing. Recently I did three 36-card Lenormand GT readings in a single afternoon for family members. It was so fascinating that I never felt a moment's weariness. Then we had a couple of beers, and that did what the cards couldn't! :laugh:

This is with people, though? Do you notice it when you're doing a reading by yourself?

Barleywine

This is with people, though? Do you notice it when you're doing a reading by yourself?

I generally don't do readings for myself any more, unless they're small, quick spreads for very specific questions. I don't use tarot for self-understanding or psychological profiling much now, mainly just for situational stuff. The Celtic Cross is about the largest one I do, and they go quickly for me these days. But I can't recall reading every tiring me out.

ETA: For the record, I don't do remote reading of any kind, except in a small way here on the forum.

bonebeach

Readings in general, usually not. Outright all out divination, if it's a lot of cards, a lot of questions--absolutely. Zzz, naptime afterwards. And I'm a hyper little thing.

Since most of my readings are quick and short and specific, I don't really worry about it too much.

think

I don't find it tiring now, I can pretty much do readings for hours in a sitting, but I used to, many years ago.

zhadee

Depends on the situation. Face-to-face readings are energizing me. Once at a fair, I have been doing 4 hours nothing but reading, which was getting me higher than caffeine :D

Readings at home, especially for AT have a more soothing, relaxing effect on me. I take my time, I creep into the cards, sip tea, stare a bit more... my favourite escapism. ;)