Doreen Virtue has another tarot deck

shadowdancer

I thought I was perhaps being cynical when I said it wouldn't be long before she produced another deck, based on the fact her previous one obviously sold well.

Here it is:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1401942318/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

Not sure if any images are available yet, but I am guessing it will be no different to her numerous other decks. I said a while ago, she had pretty much milked the oracle market and would stretch into the tarot market and flood that. 2nd deck in and I feel I may be at the early stages of being correct with a prediction.

Padma

*sigh* Ms. Virtue seems to me like a visiting relative who overstays their welcome...I liked her stuff at first - now, it just seems like she is trotting out the same pet angels in different costumes with every so-called "new" deck...
ETA and they get progressively more cloying and patronising, IMO...

Nica

I would go as far as to attribute her with the moniker of "The One Responsible for the Fall of Tarot". But that's just me.

I love tarot very much and I enjoy Lenormand, but I have to say I enjoy tarot the most. It's universal and it is worth exploring with depth.

astronautica

Oh lordy, another one??

I did a bit of hunting and couldn't really find anything about it, except for a facebook page listing all of her decks... and it looks like there's a third one in the works as well! (I'll quote it for those who don't have facebook :) )

ANGEL TAROT CARDS (with Radleigh Valentine and Steve A. Roberts) – Based upon traditional 78-card tarot, this deck is 100% gentle. It gives very detailed answers to highly-sensitive people.

ARCHANGEL POWER TAROT CARDS (with Radleigh Valentine) – A 78-card gentle tarot deck with every card devoted to angels and archangels, designed to help empower you and your client with motivation for a plan of action.

GUARDIAN ANGEL TAROT CARDS (with Radleigh Valentine) – Our “teddy bear cards” feature 78 cards with soft pastel colors and extremely gentle soft feminine images and words, for those who are intimidated by tarot cards.

Link to the page here

I feel like she has forever ruined the word "gentle"... It's a shame, because with every new deck she releases, another deck seems to get pushed off the shelves in my local bookstore.

shadowdancer

Oh lordy, another one??

I did a bit of hunting and couldn't really find anything about it, except for a facebook page listing all of her decks... and it looks like there's a third one in the works as well! (I'll quote it for those who don't have facebook :) )

Link to the page here

I feel like she has forever ruined the word "gentle"... It's a shame, because with every new deck she releases, another deck seems to get pushed off the shelves in my local bookstore.

It takes a lot to make me angry but this is making me angry. How many times can you churn out the same stuff, but just change the images about and put them on different cards within the pack, and shuffle around the wording of the message? - AND get away with it? And claim to be passing spiritual messages and learning, when in fact it comes across as just another money making scheme at the expense of those who believe she is acting with the highest integrity?

Her attitude towards the tarot system stinks IMO, and she will no doubt have many followers who will agree with every sentiment that she spews forth. I just cannot see anything spiritual about her. If she has such a low opinion of tarot, and all those darned hurtful cards, why get involved with the system in the first place? Oh I know - another revenue stream. Darned I forgot there for a second. Silly me.

I guess all we can do is maintain our own sense of ethics and integrity, and let her do her own thing. What makes me angry though is that book sellers know she is a good bet, know she will make them money, and will replace yet more worthwhile tarot decks with her empty and sanctimonious offerings. Being able to create 3 meaningful decks within 3 years? Give me a break.....

Sad indeed. This deck doesn't have images yet, but the artist is the same who produced the images for the tarot deck she released last year?

Now off to cheer myself up with some comfort food. I feel a KFC coming my way :D :D

Nica

It's a shame, because with every new deck she releases, another deck seems to get pushed off the shelves in my local bookstore.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Soon the really GOOD tarot decks will be endangered because of the fluff that is being published.

danieljuk

I own her daily angel card oracle! I like it, I can pull a card needed for a "positive and uplifting message". However her way of making tarot "gentle" is just wrong! I have no issue with her making angel tarot decks. But I would like to see some angels with a little bit of a dark side. Tarot really should not be all positive. its light and dark just like life! Not a single person on this earth lives a life where everything is wonderful and positive! divination should reflect that :mad:

magpie9

<gently throwing up in shades of pink and purple>