Doreen Virtue's Newest Tarot Deck

Cinderl

NOTE: Those who aren't DV fans or whatever, please don't post here. I'm getting tired of having to put a lot of you on ignore. I don't want this thread to be one hundred percent ignored posts. Please, go to where you can really rant about DV and her methods. There's another DV forum here. Go there!
Here's the link - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=245952
I want to know what some people's experiences have been with Doreen Virtue's newest tarot deck - Fairy Tarot. I just came across and felt a lot of joy when I saw it. I was never really drawn to her angel one. But I don't know about buying her newest one. But never really feel anything for Doreen Virtue and her methods.

Miss Divine

I purchased it, and had to send it back for a replacement because the cards were really damaged the first time around. But, now that I have a good copy I am very pleased with it. Ofcourse I wish the images were bigger instead of all the text. But we know that's what we can expect when we purchase a DV deck.
I like the images in this one. They aren't as busy or gaudy like her Angel tarot (which I don't have and do NOT like). It reads so easily and like you, there's something about the images that make you feel joy. So, I was pleasantly surprised with this deck. And, without Radleigh Valentine, she never would've pulled this off. Doreen was never a Tarot lady.

reall

same here!:)) I like this art n vibe much more then Angel and Guardian Angel Tarot!:))
it' gives you that happy note in reading and its a pleasure to work with!^^ lolz ;))

Cinderl

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts guys :) This makes me want to reconsider in buying it. I know Doreen Virtue is more well known for her angel decks. But I'm more drawn to fairies.

conurelover

Thanks for the heads up. I like her decks and will check this one out ! :)

Cinderl

gregory, I think it's great that we have different kinds of tarot. Even if it's not "real" tarot or someone like DV has made it an all positive, love, and light, it would make sense. I don't think she has a "fear" towards tarot. I think she decided to make it less fearful and more friendly to use for those who are unsure of using tarot for themselves. Plus, it doesn't hurt to change certain names and such. It gives those unsure a chance to experience tarot in a different way.

reall

Have you seen her videos about her "tarot" decks ? She can't even SAY the word devil - she stumbles over it and then says things like "the card I call Ego...". Fear does not begin... It's not just changing the names of the cards; it is actually saying the entire deck can only deliver positive messages (and she DOES say that.) That is Not Tarot.

I think she should stick to oracles - that IS what she makes, every time. And while I don't like the artwork, I support her 100% in those, and know people they have greatly helped. If you want tarot - you want TAROT, not an oracle calling itself tarot. Seriously. The word tarot means something - and these don't fit the definition.

:)) maybe she just don't say bad words to avoid jinks?:))

fact is that if deck have 78 cards and major and minor arcana it's called Tarot!:))

and we all know what D.V decks are so it may be called special category?!^^ :))
for beginners who wish to start but are afraid of scary cards?:)) or just when you need some comfort and sugar reading in hard times?:)) even if you are profesional it's good to have one of these especialy if you are (like me) one of those who usualy gives negative reading!x,x (aparently people don't like to hear bad things?x,x and often get angry when they hear what they don't want to hear?x,x :)))

so fact is D.V sets look beautiful and people luv it!^^(and I'm talking about people who usualy don't know much about tarot!^^:))) so it's good to have diversity of styles and decks for all tastes and readings!^^:))

p.s I like to see diferent names for cards?:)) it gives new perspective to its meaning!^^:))

Miss Divine

Watching a few youtube reviews and I like the sparkley borders shedding glitter everywhere :D

My fairies haven't shed at all, seriously. :D