DruidCraft cut to various sizes

Ayram

If there's a way to attach photos, please let me know. Not sure why it's not an option - I'll have to search the forum rules. I have examples lined up in a photo of a card trimmed of borders and title, then same card from another DruidCraft deck of just title, then same card from yet another DruidCraft deck keeping the green border and title but trimming the white border, then similarly-colored card from a deck in original condition - uncut.

It's been interesting, playing with the different sizes! I'm not good enough yet to go without titles I don't think, and while I like the look of those cards, I do like them bigger. I used a guillotine (sp?) style paper cutter on the next size up plus a corner rounder and I lean toward liking those the most (though not sure if it's cause the cards are slicker and smoother to the touch than the other decks?) but no matter how OCD I was, the deck trimmed still isn't perfectly flush on all 4 sides. That results in shuffling clumps of cards rather than individual cards, if that makes sense. Just doesn't shuffle as nicely as an unaltered deck. I think my favorite deck is probably the one with the green borders. Partly because it's bigger (I like big decks) but still can be shuffled and partly because that's the deck I had professionally cut at a local printing co. They also rounded the corners very subtly - I thin 1/8. They shuffle beautifully and the sides are all 100% flush - like a brand new deck. :) I like that they still feel big and bold. The biggest deck - untrimmed - is just too big. I like it still, but just not as much.

illyria

Hi, Ayram.

This thread should clear things up. I'd love to see your images.

Cuilfaen

Hi Ayram :)
if I´m correct (and you didn´t pay to be a subscriber), there is no way for you to directly attach photos or show them in the thread. At least it´s like that for me or I didn´t find another way.
If you scroll down, you´ll find "posting rules" applying to you. In my case there´s one sentence saying "you may not post attachments" and on the other side it´s said that " code is [b]off[/b]", meaning I can´t upload my pictures directly to this forum and I can´t show my photos directly in a reply.
If your posting rules are like mine, I believe there´s only the possibility to include links to your photos in your reply. So you have to upload the images to whatever site you prefer and simply post the link here.
If you find a different way, I´d be glad to know ;)

edit: there´s a whole thread about trimmed decks with loads of photos. You´ll find it here: [url=http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=165283]Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index[/url]

Alta

Both comments are correct. If a subscriber you can attach images directly and if the section allows it, embed them.

If not a subscriber you can upload your images to any free hosting site and then link to them.

Ayram

Thanks Illyria and everyone. I guess I have to be a subscriber! Will have to look up the fee or link photos from Flickr!

I saw the other thread with the images but the one that claimed to have a variety of sizes wasn't viewable for some reason. Can you guys see it?

Lycanthropos

Yup, that link works! Of the 4 single cards, I like the second from the left best...basically borderless with the card title. If you're using the deck solely for yourself then titles may not be necessary, but if you're laying them for others they will likely be *totally* lost if you don't keep the titles. When giving your interpretation to the sitter and referencing the cards, you won't have to point to them if you leave the names on them.

Ayram

For those of you who've trimmed your own decks - even using the fancy cutting devices and corner rounders - have you noticed that your cards are harder to shuffle? I had one of my decks professionally cut at a printer's and it shuffles perfectly. But the one I did by hand - while it can be shuffled - has "clumps" of cards that sort of stick together when shuffled. Not literally stick together but ... I guess they're more similar in exact size to each other somehow (even though I cut each card individually) so they stay together when shuffling. Does that make sense?! It's annoying.

VintageButtons

For those of you who've trimmed your own decks - even using the fancy cutting devices and corner rounders - have you noticed that your cards are harder to shuffle? I had one of my decks professionally cut at a printer's and it shuffles perfectly. But the one I did by hand - while it can be shuffled - has "clumps" of cards that sort of stick together when shuffled. Not literally stick together but ... I guess they're more similar in exact size to each other somehow (even though I cut each card individually) so they stay together when shuffling. Does that make sense?! It's annoying.

Yes! I actually trimmed my first Druidcraft deck because it's so massive and hard to shuffle as it is so I thought trimming them would help but I had the same problem you described. I ended up buying another and just try and shuffle differently. When I did it they didn't have little corner cutters like they do now and I did them all by hand; I've been wondering if the corner cutters would improve this but it doesn't sound like it. :/