eBay?...Hmm...

blackroseivy

Ok, this is a question I am posing about my deck that I am working on. Yes, to do with eBay. :D My question is this: Would my deck sell on there, do you think? This is the Ancient Celtic Tarot.

Ok, here's what I want to do. I am going to amalgamate a printout of the deck onto cards, heat-set them, varnish them up & put them into a beautiful silk-lined linen bag, along with a hand-sewn LWB. These will both be decorated with stampings of Celtic designs, in keeping with the flavor of the deck. I am considering gilding the edges.

This is also what I am planning on doing with my Tarot of the Enlightenment - which is what I already named the montage deck I did. I may have to come up with another name for the painted one I'd like to see published some day...

This is as close to "self-publishing" as I am capable of: entirely individually handmade cards, for the price of a bubble-jet print (best I can do, folks!). They look halfway neat-o printed out.

My other idea is to have an original "soundtrack" of Celtic-flavored music, which someone I know online in Norway may be willing to do (alas, that I cannot myself make the music! :( ), with input from me.

So: Whaddaya think out there? :D

Attachments

• tofcathesacrificedman.jpg
    tofcathesacrificedman.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 157
  • tofcacernunnos.jpg
    tofcacernunnos.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 127
  • tofcadeath.jpg
    tofcadeath.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 124
  • tofcathehermit.jpg
    tofcathehermit.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 129

blackroseivy

& the Tarot of the Enlightenment:

Here's what I have done so far...

Drat! Have to post later, I only have 1 file on me that's small enough; when I get home next week, I will post more after shrinking the files.

Attachments

• Thetoftheentheemporersmall.jpg
    Thetoftheentheemporersmall.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 142

rota

I think this is a great idea! Style yourself as a 'self-representing artist' and besides the attention of the many tarot collectors you'll also get the attention of the many buyers who troll the art up for sale looking for 'the perfect thing'! This approach to deck sales seems like it fits exactly between the world of the full-on self-publishing and the world of the 'art card'.

(Have you heard of ATC's - artist trading cards? People make small editions of artwork out of whatever they like, so long as it's 2.5" x 3.5". Then, they organize trades among themselves with the idea of collecting, like baseball cards, interesting one-of-a-kind artworks from many sources. Just type 'artist trading cards' into a search engine to find out way more than you probably want to know.)

blackroseivy

Actually, a group of us has been doing just that at another board. However, I oughtta get more seriously into it! :D

blackroseivy

& yeah, this is along the same lines of what I was thinking!

December Fairy

Yes, I think it's well worth a try. I'm sure they would sell.

blackroseivy

Great to know you think so - thanx!

truelighth

I know I would buy it.. either on Ebay or just directly from you. Your deck is really intriguing.

blackroseivy

Why, I've been a watcher on your auctions, True! I am so flattered, I'm sure you really know what you're talking about! :D Yes, I'll offer it up here too, why not? Anybody who wants can get in touch with me about directly! :D

tabbycat

You'd be in good company selling your own deck on e-Bay. I've seen the creators of the Alcohol, Phoenix and Nimue Tarots selling their decks there. Chris Paradis also offered the Sideshow Tarot in an auction. e-Bay gives you cheap, extensive advertising aimed directly at your intended audience - can't be a bad thing!

Jilly