Elemental Hexagons Oracle Deck

calyxa

Hi, all! I'm new here, from earlier this month. I've been lurking a bit, when I've had a chance in my busy October travel schedule.

My deck, which I'm working on self-publishing, is loosely based on the Periodic Table of Elements, and also has associations for each card in the Tarot Major Arcana.

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback on the deck over the past 3 years of its development, and earlier this month, I did a presentation on the deck at the San Francisco Bay Area Tarot Symposium.

A history of how I came to create the deck is at my squidoo page here: http://squidoo.com/elementalhexagons

I hope you all like it!

-calyxa

Gooneybird

WOw! As a science geek, this is a deck I can appreciate. It was great to see the process you went through. The visualization of the x-y axis was an excellent way to explain the reasonings behind the "suits."
I had been wondering whether there were any decks taking off from geology/chemistry, and its great to see one that looks really well done! Hope its published soon.

Squidoo website said:
While I was meditating on whether or not to add Bismuth and eleven more elements to the deck, a sign came to me in the form of intestinal distress. When I went to the medicine cabinet to find relief, my answer was waiting for me in the form of "Pink Bismuth."
Classic.

I noticed that you didn't include Radon. Was it because it was discovered too late, or it didn't quite have enough significance compared to the rest of the noble gases? Just wondering because I imagined it could have been a good "insidious forces in the basement" card. Heh. :D

calyxa

Thanks for the reply, Gooneybird! I'm glad you like the deck / concept.

Radon mostly didn't get included because the suits are 'full'. When I originally created the deck and had 36 cards, the Noble Gases third of the Periodic Table suit included only Helium, Neon, and Argon.

The interesting bit is when I did the Tin expansion, I added Xenon to the Noble Gases group, skipping Krypton. Krypton seemed to "hokey" because of the pop culture references to Superman and kryptonite. But then it made sense to add Krypton (as 'Hidden Weakness') when I did the Bismuth expansion.

On publishing, I'm currently working on a small print run financed by my family. If all continues on track, I expect to have those decks in hand right around the turn of the calendar year.

-calyxa

FaireMaiden

Like I said in the other thread about this deck, I'm such a sap for physics, chemistry, and alchemy, I can't wait to get my hands on one of these babies!

Ohhhhhh, how all the mystical/magickal/scientific disciplines light me up, :joke::D:joke:... Give me correspondences to ponder, and I be one happy lass, :D *lol*:D

Congratulations on creating something so uniquely different, :thumbsup: *vvvbs* :thumbsup:

:angel: And welcome to AT!!! :angel:

WooMonkey

I was surprised with this deck for Christmas! It's right up my alley also. The backordered wood box arrived last week--beautiful! This will really help, as I was having a hard time getting the cards back into the original hexagonal box.

Looking forward to the companion book!!!
:) Woo!

stefficus

i've wanted this deck since i ran across it on here... i'll be looking at your lens and drooling. ;)

Necie

I've had this deck for awhile now! It's awesome since it unifies my two passions: science and psychic..heh..

I use them as my 'clarification' deck (Thoth is my main squeeze).

DraagonStorm

Is anyone in touch with the artist? I would like to know who printed the deck for him?