Empress and Temperance : What connects them ?

samantha

I did a larger spread and The Empress came up in the *What is desired* position. I wasn't sure what aspect of the card to take so pulled a clarifier : Temperance.

The spread was a hopes and fears type one, a general (so not focussed specifically on relationships or career etc)

I take the clarifier as what is the *same* about each card, not as extra information - so in effect asking the same question twice.

I could see good health/well being as a commonality of these two, also the ability to be creative - temperance can be referred to as Art, and would seem to reflect the artistic process.

I could see both of the above as things I desire, but know there must be other links between the two which I haven't come up with.

All thoughts welcome

Grizabella

The Empress is usually depicted as being pregnant, so the similarity between her and Temperance is easily found---she and her Emperor have blended themselves to produce the expected child. Temperance is shown blending two substances to produce a third substance that's a combination of both but something new in its own right.

samantha

Thanks. I had thought of this one (but discounted it for self for several reasons) but you are right that this ties them together well .... and not unlike producing the work of art perhaps :) (in terms of process)

decan

By reading your post I was thinking to nature when there is no human intervention and so no imbalances as a result of industrialization. Nature itself has the quality to restore herself.
These could be a good combo with regard to health.

samantha

Thanks Decan. I hadn't thought to stretch *well being* to include environmental factors, but it is part and parcel of The Empress (Mother Nature) and I like how you link it to Temperance.
From a personal point of view it's very on key - Pollution and climate are two aspects of where I am currently that I have issues with, so yes ..I do desire something more temperate ! Good call :thumbsup:

samantha

I guess *harmony* would be the key word here ?