The Fool / Four of Swords for fertility health

tarotmka

A couple that hasn't been able to conceive asked about when they would get pregnant. I asked about each of their health.

He got the Four of Swords
She got The Fool

For various reasons, they've been assuming it's her that can't conceive. But, to me, the Four of Swords, as far as fertility goes, shows someone who might have slow swimmers. Maybe I'm reading too much into this? He's not someone who has a stressful job and gets plenty of rest, from what they tell me, so I really don't think it's a need for him to rest.

The Fool, to me, means ready, open, and able to have a baby. Pure, healthy, unfettered.

The "Will of the baby" was the Ten of Wands. I read this as the soul of the baby feeling like it would be a lot to take on to choose these two as parents.

Grizabella

Gosh, there are a lot of things to consider here. I think the most obvious one to me is that her fertilized eggs aren't implanting for some reason. They just merrily proceed right on through and out of her body.

The 4 of Swords for his card could be he's got "slow swimmers" or could very well mean that the time isn't right to make the connection that will create a baby yet.

There's another factor that comes to mind. If a man has a low sperm count, sometimes it can be helpful for the couple to wait and "save up" sperm for one big boatload of little swimmers so that there are better chances of there being enough of them to "land" one and make a baby. In that case, if they just don't have sex for an exceptionally long period of time----longer than the usual interval in which they do have sex---then chances are increased that they'll get pregnant. The 4 of Swords shows a guy who seems to be sleeping or dormant, so this would indicate that period of inactivity.

tarotmka

Gosh, there are a lot of things to consider here. I think the most obvious one to me is that her fertilized eggs aren't implanting for some reason. They just merrily proceed right on through and out of her body.

The 4 of Swords for his card could be he's got "slow swimmers" or could very well mean that the time isn't right to make the connection that will create a baby yet.

There's another factor that comes to mind. If a man has a low sperm count, sometimes it can be helpful for the couple to wait and "save up" sperm for one big boatload of little swimmers so that there are better chances of there being enough of them to "land" one and make a baby. In that case, if they just don't have sex for an exceptionally long period of time----longer than the usual interval in which they do have sex---then chances are increased that they'll get pregnant. The 4 of Swords shows a guy who seems to be sleeping or dormant, so this would indicate that period of inactivity.

You think The Fool points to her eggs not implanting?

LifesALoofah

A couple that hasn't been able to conceive asked about when they would get pregnant. I asked about each of their health.

He got the Four of Swords
She got The Fool

For various reasons, they've been assuming it's her that can't conceive. But, to me, the Four of Swords, as far as fertility goes, shows someone who might have slow swimmers. Maybe I'm reading too much into this? He's not someone who has a stressful job and gets plenty of rest, from what they tell me, so I really don't think it's a need for him to rest.

The Fool, to me, means ready, open, and able to have a baby. Pure, healthy, unfettered.

The "Will of the baby" was the Ten of Wands. I read this as the soul of the baby feeling like it would be a lot to take on to choose these two as parents.

First things first: That's deep.

Secondly, there's so much that can be said about that combination when it comes to fertility!

My first instinct is that the cards are saying that it's all up to chance (The Fool) and 4 of Swords has always been my "Rest While Patiently Waiting" card. Sounds like they may have to get a calendar and start that timing and ovulation technique. I've read where some readers have used The Fool as an "unintended" pregnancy, which, is the same feeling I get from this post. You know how they say a watched pot doesn't boil?! That's what I get from this. Not that it's either of their fault. Sometimes, the time, the day, the stars, etc. have to be JUST right to conceive! No one's fault! It's divine timing!

Grizabella

You think The Fool points to her eggs not implanting?

That's what came to mind. This is a reading that's concerning health and medical matters, though, so I'm hoping she'll be relying on the advice of her doctor about the problem if it persists.

When I give my ideas here, it's merely ideas, not set in stone and certainly not meant as being anything that would take the place of a doctor.

tarotmka

First things first: That's deep.

Secondly, there's so much that can be said about that combination when it comes to fertility!

My first instinct is that the cards are saying that it's all up to chance (The Fool) and 4 of Swords has always been my "Rest While Patiently Waiting" card. Sounds like they may have to get a calendar and start that timing and ovulation technique. I've read where some readers have used The Fool as an "unintended" pregnancy, which, is the same feeling I get from this post. You know how they say a watched pot doesn't boil?! That's what I get from this. Not that it's either of their fault. Sometimes, the time, the day, the stars, etc. have to be JUST right to conceive! No one's fault! It's divine timing!

Deep? lol

What you say about The Fool makes a lot of sense. Unexpected or unintended. I hadn't thought of the cards talking about how she might get pregnant. I was seeing it as her state of health, but that was limited. I know they're trying, so if they did get pregnant, it wouldn't be unintended, but I like the suggestion that maybe they don't have to try so hard. Be more spontaneous.

This also makes me think that The Fool is infinite potential (the way I read it). I think of it as quantum mechanics - the wave form hasn't yet collapsed. So, there are still lots of possibilities.

She's an older woman who is afraid that she's past her prime, so The Fool might be reminding her that she's not at the end of her fertility days. She also asked the question right after discovering she wasn't pregnant, so she was on her moon. Again, the beginning of her cycle.

Just some thoughts, thanks for opening me up to more possibilities.

Sounds like they are already doing the timing/ovulation thing. I wonder if the Four of Swords is just saying that he is patiently waiting. I think she's more eager than he is.

tarotmka

That's what came to mind. This is a reading that's concerning health and medical matters, though, so I'm hoping she'll be relying on the advice of her doctor about the problem if it persists.

When I give my ideas here, it's merely ideas, not set in stone and certainly not meant as being anything that would take the place of a doctor.

It's a really good suggestion, thanks Grizabella. The Fool is noncommittal, so it does make sense.

I like what you said about Four of Swords and waiting or a period of inactivity. I never would have thought of it meaning to save of his boatload, LOL! ;)

And yes, they are definitely seeking medical help. She just wanted some suggestions about what they can do or what might be going wrong.

Thanks!