Epiphanies

MiscellaneousMorgan

Not sure where to put this thread, so decided to put it here:

So I just got Tarot for Yourself by Mary K Greer today and got to the part about making a chart of your year cards.

Wow. Just wow. So many things that happened in my life are making sense to me now when they didn't before. So many connections that I couldn't see.

Amazing.

Just wanted to share. Feel free to share your own epiphanies.

Sulis

Hi MiscellaneousMorgan,

I love 'Tarot for Yourself', it was one of the first tarot books I got and it's one of those books that I regularly dip into if I fancy a bit of tarot reading..

I've had loads of epiphanies with tarot but I think the main one for me was when I realised that all I had to do was read the cards and not second guess my readings and card meanings with those of someone who had written a tarot book... My readings got loads better when I put the books away, focused solely on the cards and realised that I didn't have to add anything, I just had to read the cards as it's all in them.
I still read books about or on tarot but I never, ever get tempted to look up meanings when I'm actually reading.
It took me a long time (years) to feel that I could just trust my own intuition and the knowledge I'd built up over time and just use those 78 images.

InkyAlchemy

This is really encouraging to me as I have this book on its way to me from Amazon. Tell me, is it one that you move through chapter by chapter or are you encouraged to skip around? Also, once you work through it, is it helpful to look back on or work through it again? I've heard such wonderful things about this book and am really excited!

MiscellaneousMorgan

This is really encouraging to me as I have this book on its way to me from Amazon. Tell me, is it one that you move through chapter by chapter or are you encouraged to skip around? Also, once you work through it, is it helpful to look back on or work through it again? I've heard such wonderful things about this book and am really excited!

The author recommends going through the book chapter by chapter. I haven't finished going through the book yet, but I can already see certain things that it would be helpful to look over again in the future. It is an amazing book so far. I'm learning a lot.

KMilliron

I also have the book. Too structured for me to follow it, since I'm more of a free flow-er, but the book itself has some nice insights. Would recommend.

As for my epiphany. Learning the suit symbolism made "sight reading" so much better. Got to throw away memorization and the such and just focus on symbolism and images.