Ever done a reading over the internet?

petrina_678

I love doing readings over the internet for people i dont know... for free. I usually go to chat rooms and do readings for anyone who wants one. And the cool part is that it actually works! Im usually quite accurate.
I mostly stick to simple 3 card readings and keep it fun and easy.

HAve you guys ever done this and how did it go?

Gayla

I read for the ATA Free Tarot Network. I give 1 to 3 free reading a week.

I enjoy it and get feedback on occasion, but not often.

I prefer to read for free over charging, but that's just me. I've never charged for a reading.

konayuki

Yeah I have, my cousin asks me to read it for her via im, and I do, and it works out pretty well! The last one she told me was eerily accurate and that made me really happy. :) I do specific spreads most of the time depending on what she wants insight into, up to 15 for her online readings...yeah yikes. lol But I think that as long as the querent and the reader are concentrating on the question then it should be just as accurate as face-to-face readings. :)

snowy25

I prefer doing readings for other people who also work with the tarot.
Usually the feedback is a lot better.
But when I can help someone and as long as it feels right, why not.
The only thing with e-mails is you have to wait longer for the feedback and that can make me somewhat insecure sometimes.
I really want the message to be the right one for the querent.

Eddie

Very often, in fact each time, when i type the reading, other things pop in and the querent ends up getting a really detailed, accurate reading.

Demon Goddess

I'll read anywhichway.

I prefer IM readings to email readings though, because then I can ask questions and get instant feedback. It's not like reading to a board (like the instant readings here), where you give the entire reading before getting any feedback.

I, like Gayla, read a lot, but don't charge for my readings. By the same token, I am seriously thinking about going professional in January.

celticnoodle

Good for you demongoddess & good luck to you when you go professional!

I do most of my readings via the net. For family, friends & strangers, (who are generally referred to me through family, friends & friends of friends). Some weeks I can be doing a few readings a day everyday, and then sometimes it is only 2 or 3 a week, not including what I do here on A.T. with an exchange.

My readings seem to be mostly right on the mark. Most of the time for a general reading, I will do a 15 card reading, that will take the client up to the next year. Many of them keep in touch with me with feedback even 3, 6 & 9mos. to a year later and I'm pretty darn accurate even that far into the future. It makes me feel great.

Occasionally, I do get some things wrong though, but more often then not I am correct. Even have clients tell me, "no, I can't see that happening, no way" and then 3mos. later or longer they come back and tell me "WOW! You were right--it happened EXACTLY like you said it would!" Those are the most rewarding reads/feedbacks.

I've done only a few face to face readings with strangers. I am not as comfortable that way, and have to work on that. I much prefer the net readings. but even my face to face readings have been pretty accurate.

Good luck to you with your readings----via the net, and face to face. The more you read, the better you'll get!

Pook

I think you will find that alot of people around here do readings online. We rather often do readings for each other. The exchange section of the forum is set up for exactly that purpose. I am another of the people who prefers to read online instead of in person. I hvae my reasons, of course, not the least of which is that I dont know alot of people to read for.

I did recently discover a newer little shop in the area that caters to the pagan/wiccan/metaphysical community and they have been trying to set up a tarot group that I hope to be able to participate in, but even if/when I start reading more for the general public, I am sure I will still be an online reader.

zayats

I once did a reading for an online friend I've known for a long time and he asked questions concerning our relationship, himself being a sceptic. He didn't want to agree with what the cards said about him (a little less bright vision of him than how he presented himself) but after we'd finished he said that we'd just had the deepest conversation ever :) And it's all because we discussed the meanings of the cards I drew, pondered on possible interpretations etc. - was supposed to be fun, but led to something deep and enlightening. Sometimes it is not the cards that matter most :)

kmartin60

I've been doing ONLY online readings for little over 2 years...on several forums. And have many returning customers that follow me site to site or have kept my personal addie....Here where I live? As much as i would like to try a live personal reading?...it probably wont happen Unfortunately.....

Out of all of them have had 3 or 4 who said it wasnt real clear, and a handful with no feedback so, on average they have set well! hmmmI wonder if I would have to move to become proffesional? grins.......LOL, kim