Evil tarot reader on Jane the Virgin

Gwynydd

Has anyone been watching the Netflix show, Jane the Virgin? There is an evil mother who reads tarot. I don't recognise the deck she's using. It has red backs, though. Does anyone know? I tried to take a photo of the tv, but it came out blurry :D

gregory

Blurry is better than nothing l. have a LOT of decks with red backs... And I don't have netflix.

mitsuraki

What episode is it, and what's the time left in the episode? I can try to screenshot it if it's available online (Netflix, Hulu, Comcast, etc). Can't really make much detail out of the picture you took.

Gwynydd

It's the first episode, I don't know the time of it, but I could find out later.

nisaba

<wlicks on image> Plain bright-red back with broad white border. The upfacing cards have too much reflection on them to see the images, so a shiny deck.

I don't have any decks with that back. Does anyone else?

mitsuraki

Alright so I got a screenshot. No idea what it is, but it's a little bit clearer.

Card image

gregory

The Fool is SO Waite/Smith - except for that whacking scroll with the title...

That title scroll should be a dead giveaway - but isn't :( All the decks I can think of that have those - aren't this one ! Of course - they may have custom-made one. A lot of shows do.

This is going to annoy me for days...

Gwynydd

The Fool is SO Waite/Smith - except for that whacking scroll with the title...

That title scroll should be a dead giveaway - but isn't :( All the decks I can think of that have those - aren't this one ! Of course - they may have custom-made one. A lot of shows do.

This is going to annoy me for days...

If it's a prop deck, I'll be devastated! I love playing 'what's the deck on telly?' :D