Expensive decks you just don't want

littlethings

Mine would have to be Alice, too. I love my baba decks, and I love Alice in Wonderland, but I just couldn't get into this deck.

Morwenna

<shaking head> A few pages back are posts talking about the Stairs of Gold and the Knapp-Hall; can it be that many years ago I bought them new, for the going rate on any new deck (and probably cheaper than that for the K-H, because it was "old stock")? And now they cost how much??

bleubohemian

So many lovely decks!

?But as I grow more in my tarot craft I realize I lust after these due to loving the art so much, but then I don't use the deck because, while beautiful, it is not tarot to me. The Lumina springs to mind right now and several other self published decks. I would love some of the card images as framed prints! The Greenwood has never appealed to me, same with Granny Jones. When I tend to spend too much it is for the above reason and I always regret it!

Luna's Crone

i just don't get granny jones. I have seen many people mention it and some really want it. but.....

my most expensive deck, i have not received yet. there is some trouble with the printer or something. But when i backed Vudu on kick starter, i thought i was getting the vudu deck, but i am getting the espiritoso (sorry can't remember the name) and i don't like alot of those cards. I am a bit bummed.

But not worried about getting them, they will come with they are ready. just not the deck i wanted.

Luna's Crone

I've read similar observations. I hope my question didn't come across as impertinent.

it can in general public, but my hubs in the autistic range. I only jump on him when he uses it as an excuse to be mean. so it wasn't impertinent to me. I actually sounded like she hurt your feelings changing.

baconwaffles

All the baba studios decks, they just don't speak to me. Beautiful but I would never read with them.

Celtictarot

Alice, Lumina, Anatomy Tarot, Mary - El, Daniloff

earthair

This bargain on eBay *falls over laughing*
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rider-Wai...814952?hash=item41a9831768:g:fu8AAOSwQSBXHiou

[RWS for £450 Used
"Tarot cards which have been used, but this is the power and beauty of them. This set has been used regularly by the famous, international, tested and trained clairvoyant Rosemary Price for about a year. She is tested and recommended by newspapers, magazines and experts as well as celebrity clients. She offers email phone and face to face sittings. Past present future, relationship problems, decisions, questions, advice. She is also an expert at spells, curses and the removal of curses. She can tell you if someone really loves you, if they are faithful to you, if they will let you down or hurt you. As seen and available through webclairvoyant.com Complete pack of 78, some with tears or marks because she has used them for a long time. This makes them highly sought after and very unique. Local, collection only and no you do not meet the famous clairvoyant when you collect them. Will not send."]

So it's £450 and that doesn't even cover postage???! *facedesk*

FLizarraga

This bargain on eBay *falls over laughing*
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rider-Wai...814952?hash=item41a9831768:g:fu8AAOSwQSBXHiou

[RWS for £450 Used
"Tarot cards which have been used, but this is the power and beauty of them. This set has been used regularly by the famous, international, tested and trained clairvoyant Rosemary Price for about a year. She is tested and recommended by newspapers, magazines and experts as well as celebrity clients. She offers email phone and face to face sittings. Past present future, relationship problems, decisions, questions, advice. She is also an expert at spells, curses and the removal of curses. She can tell you if someone really loves you, if they are faithful to you, if they will let you down or hurt you. As seen and available through webclairvoyant.com Complete pack of 78, some with tears or marks because she has used them for a long time. This makes them highly sought after and very unique. Local, collection only and no you do not meet the famous clairvoyant when you collect them. Will not send."]

So it's £450 and that doesn't even cover postage???! *facedesk*

Isn't that THE Rosemary from Rosemary's Baby? The mother of You Know Who?

Nica

This thread has really come to surprise me. A lot of the decks named are decks that I love dearly, and keep close to me in my desk drawers. I've had the fortune to amass a lot of decks that resonated with me because of their reading quality, but I do notice that my favorites (Vertigo, I'm looking at you) tend not to be too popular.

I wanted to share a story, actually. For years I badmouthed the Greenwood because I didn't understand it. On AT forums I voiced that it was ugly and that the artwork looked rudimentary, but years later I actually came to take it all back. After an ayahuasca ritual and being immersed in that world for a full night, decks like the Faeries' Oracle (another badmouthed deck from my collection) and the Greenwood sprung to life. I had to go through that experience to understand! Now I love it. It's not for everyone, and I guess I understand all the naysayers.

Somebody actually left a comment on my Youtube channel telling me they wouldn't pay $1,000 for the Greenwood. Has it really spiked up that much in sales? I believe they must be going for $300-400 still on Ebay.

I felt the same way about the Kitty Kahane, and now I'm completely entranced by the dreamlike quality of the cards. And I own it in English and in German! Totally went back on that.

I wouldn't pay heaps for the Tarot Balbi. I don't think that one must be going for too much, anyhow. I've seen some inexpensive ones on Ebay.

As beautiful as it is, I would not pay for the Ironwing Tarot. I think the remaining copies should go to someone who will use it. As for me, I think it would be more trophy than work tool.

Carnevale Tarot, as much as I've loved it from afar, I would not pay more than $300 for.

Was interested in the Fairytale Tarot by Baba Studio, but wouldn't pay the $200-400 I see it going for on Ebay either.

Lastly, the Granny Jones. I couldn't justify the expense.