Experiments with "Eye Rhythms" in the Dodal

Herzog

moderndayruth said:
I enjoy reading your thoughts on vegetation! Thanks for sharing them!

Thank you :)

Bernice

Le Fanu said:
........snip.........

I was also thinking that the downward pointing bud on the nine (in fact, any bud) could be a sword/blade sheathed to balance with the Queen's drawn sword.

I was sitting up in bed looking at the cards and maybe a little tired :)
That's what I thought. It looked like an eye-rhyme to me.

Bee :)

Herzog

10/30/10

experiment.jpg

Herzog

First impressions.

Crowned woman holds large club. She sits and stares straight ahead as if asking something or wanting something right now, in the moment. She looks tired. An old man grips his cane and holds up a lantern. The light from his lantern illuminates a tall building. The building is on fire. It's roof explodes. Two people fall out of the exploding building and tumble to the ground.

Herzog

The first thing I noticed was the woman's crown and the "crown-like" top of building. The building literally opens up like a mouth and lets out a scream. This may indicate pent up emotions inside the woman. She stares straight ahead with puffy eyes and a frown. It doesn't seem like she has released any of her pent up screams yet.

If we follow the trail of smoke and fire from the building, we are led directly to the sun and the old man's lantern. For me, the sun and lantern are one and the same. The old man seems to listen, like a therapist. He absorbs the screams shooting out from the "woman's head"

Interesting cards... will post more later

Le Fanu

Great! More!

First impressions; the Queen caused that rupture. The Baston has just been swung and is now in upright position. Like a pendulum that has just swung full back. And she is proud of the fact (what an achievement, and laurel leaves to prove it!).

The lightning bolt came from the lantern. Energy directed (perhaps unwittingly on the Hermit's part).

Key rhythms; Baston, Tower and diagonal flamey bolt (possibly the Hermit's staff, though I'm not so sure, that feels more periphery to me.)

Don't you feel the essence of this spread is; Hermit's lantern, bolt, Tower, Baston? As if some fiery galvanistic energy is shooting, circuiting, conducted through the 3 cards!

And shoots out of sight from the Top Left hand corner of the Left hand card. Then - whooosh - 'tis gone.

Significant perhaps; this is the first spread when all cards have floors!

But there's more....

ETA; then I read your thoughts. Some similarity...

Le Fanu

Insignificant little eye rhythm which probably means nothing;

The little swirl bottom right of the Queen card echoing the toppling man bottom left of the Tower! I like that...

Herzog

seeing as she is present here in the spread, I may as well mention my curiosity over this particular Queen of Wands. Sure, she looks robust and strong and ready to take over an operation, but why the bags under her eyes? Why the forlorn expression? This goes against my learned idea of the "lust for life" she is supposed to embody

Maybe we're seeing the Queen of Wands recovering after she has expended a mass amount of creative energy?

Le Fanu

Yes, she is rather lacklustre, this Queen isn't she? She looks rather heavily bowed under, shoulders slumped and - like you say - bags under her eyes. Then that rather unnervingly forced cleavage :bugeyed:. But of all the meanings of the Queen of Wands ("she who must be obeyed" is my favourite from DuQuette) none of them relate specifically to the traditional Marseilles divinatory meaning.

We think "oh, fire + woman, must be a fiery woman", but it might not be that. She might be quietly simmering, seething, sneering...

EnriqueEnriquez

Look at how the Ace of Batons mirrors La Maison Diev

Now, for how long can one keep that flame?

Grabbing a branch from the ground and turning it around to make a club or a scepter incarnates the very act of creation.
But once you have imposed your will on an object, turning it into something else, there is little else to do with it.
I guess it gets boring.

Best,

e. e.