Faery Oracle Decks?

Logiatrix

TA,
I posted a while back about the Messages of Light cards, a deck I've been really enjoying.
It's an oracle/affirmation deck of 54 cards, with lots of fairies, angels, nature, lighted paths, and glowing doorways.
It's too 'positive' for some people I've shown it to, but you just might like it...

http://www.marioduguay.com/en/produ...d=2692071960&showreturnbuttom=no&109538485628

Above is the page from the artist's site that offers the deck for purchase; also click on "home" and you will see a window where you can view individual cards from the deck.
:)

magpie9

I have a problem with a lot of the faery decks--they are just too too sweet. I just don't see fairies that way---they are powerful supernatural creatures/powers, and minimizing them that way feels dangerious.
Or am I just too too weird?

Ruby7

magpie9 said:
I have a problem with a lot of the faery decks--they are just too too sweet. I just don't see fairies that way---they are powerful supernatural creatures/powers, and minimizing them that way feels dangerious.
Or am I just too too weird?

No, you're not just too too weird. I do think some of the faery decks are too sweet. But I also do like some of the "sweet" fairy decks. I guess it depends on our personal view of what fairies look like. I grew up with Enid Blyton's Faraway Tree book and stories from my great aunts of the wee fairies in the woods or in the fireplace or the leprechaun who sat on the mantle during the day and came to life at night. Too me there are pretty little fairies, elves, pixies etc and then there are gnomes, leprechauns, goblins, brownies etc who are not so pretty but still kinda cute.

They are definitely creatures to be respected but in my opinion not feared (that from the person who is getting over a "fear" of Froud's deck :)).

Ruby7

TemperanceAngel

That's one of the reasons I like Brian Frouds' deck, it's not just full of cute faeries.

But for decks re: clients, I don't want any scary faeries, I just want to bring some light in at the end of their readings :)

ambermoon, I don't mind the Doreen Virtue deck, just not the right one for me.

Thanks everyone for the links, wonderful :)

Simone

magpie9 said:
Do take a look at the Poppy Palins Waking the Wild Spirit deck...it dosen't get nearly enough notice. But Chuck the book first chance you get, its horribly wordy and full of itself. :)

I totally agree, magpie, this deck is very interesting, but the book... hmm, well... :)D I was going to say something very impolite, so I'll skip that and say you put it so much better than I ever could :D)

Thanks for mentioning it, I might just go and do a reading with my cards right now ;)

Love
Simone

magpie9

Thanks, Simone,
It took me a long time of saying and thinking much worse about it, before paring it down to that.
I can't imagine where her editor was, during the editing process.

Good deck, though!

FaireMaiden

Logiatrix said:
TA,
I posted a while back about the Messages of Light cards, a deck I've been really enjoying.
It's an oracle/affirmation deck of 54 cards, with lots of fairies, angels, nature, lighted paths, and glowing doorways.

http://www.marioduguay.com/en/produ...d=2692071960&showreturnbuttom=no&109538485628
Thanks for this listing, lass, *vbs*... I went and had a look, and just love these pictures... Not too sweet for me, *lol*... With all the crap in the world, these are a perfect antidote for 'those days', 'those moods', 'those decades', *lol*, that get under our skin...

While I wouldn't actually do a 'reading' with them, they certainly have their place in my repetoire, *s*

I went to the site, and found out the U.S. distributor is 'New Leaf'... The deck is $18.95...

http://go.newleaf-dist.com/scripts/...RCH.PUBLIC*VS144312*804~Vcs=826179575701.5566

firefrost

Logiatrix said:
TA,
It's too 'positive' for some people I've shown it to, but you just might like it...

Above is the page from the artist's site that offers the deck for purchase; also click on "home" and you will see a window where you can view individual cards from the deck.
:)

Lol...three years later - I've just seen these and they've bowled me over...

lunafae

im iso still but they look great. what do you think of these?
Fairy Philosophies Card Deck
and oracle cards

firefrost

They do look very nice but after looking around, I think I favour Angel rather than faerie decks.