Fairy Lenormand Oracle

Lunajade

Lo Scarabeo is going to publish a fairy theme Lenormand deck. The artwork is by Davide Corsi (vampires tarot of the eternal night). The release date is may 2015. I looked on Amazon and the release date there is 8 juli 2015. You can see some pictures in the Lo Scarabeo catelogue 2015 (see tarot deck section). I really like the cards i saw.

MoonGypsy

Hi lunajade!

i pre-ordered these quite a long time ago...Amazon USA says May 31st. :heart:

Le Fanu

I saw this in stock and for sale at the Book Depository.

I had a search around for more images but decided against it. There's a sort of fairy deck which I back away from and this is it. Sometimes faeiries can tempt me - see the Paulina, the Fairy Lights, Celtic Faeries - but this one doesn't do it for me. It's very computerised and busy and I need stripped down simplicity in my Lenormands.

But it is in stock and available.

MoonGypsy

I saw this in stock and for sale at the Book Depository.

I had a search around for more images but decided against it. There's a sort of fairy deck which I back away from and this is it. Sometimes faeiries can tempt me - see the Paulina, the Fairy Lights, Celtic Faeries - but this one doesn't do it for me. It's very computerised and busy and I need stripped down simplicity in my Lenormands.

But it is in stock and available.

Uh oh....VERY computerized? i need to find more pics...that might be a huge
turnoff for me, too...

i still have time to cancel...;)

ETA: i am still going to give it ago...
as i am a bit curious to also read what Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin have to say
in their guidebook...

And regarding Davide Corsi's artwork--i haven't been able to find enough of the deck's images
to draw any definitive conclusions.

As much as i LOATHED the Tarot of the Elves [and i do mean L-O-A-T-H-E-D!!!!})
He redeemed himself in my eyes with his lovely artwork in the Ghost Tarot...
Which i do quite like and have...

So i am very curious to see what he has done with the Fairy Lenormand...

Tag_jorrit

Fairies? Oh. My.

MoonGypsy

Fairies? Oh. My.

:laugh: i know, i know...:laugh: i am just very curious more than
anything else, and it was only $16 with Free Shipping...

ETA: and like i mentioned, i am quite curious to read what
Marcus Katz and Tali Goodwin
have to say about it in their guidebook.;)

Tag_jorrit

Oh, MG. I would think you'd know better. :bugeyed:

MoonGypsy

deleted...as i may have changed my mind...

Tag_jorrit

Thank you, MG. That was close.

Le Fanu

I find Corsi's artwork a bit odd - fairies or no fairies - so stilted and curiously dead, which is perhaps why, MG, you like his Ghost Tarot. He's very good at creating dead characters; wooden, poised, devoid of energy. It sort of works for a Ghost Tarot. His other work- the 3D and the Elves has a sort of *blow up* doll feel which bothers me and I cannot, just cannot contemplate the idea that up close these fairies might look like that. Those dead eyes he does gazing into the mid-distance (the Ghost tarot doesn't have this, hence - again - why it works Ok for some).

No, this isn't for me although - like others have said - maybe the book is an interesting read.