Fairy Lights Tarot

Briar Rose

Thank you. I just posted in the study group. I wish I had more time today. Work/life balnce. I just would rather have Tarot time!

I love the study group. There has been a lot of effort by Hemera in making for that 'paired cards' list. I appreciate your time VERY much!!! Thank you. I am trying to print it out, but I can't. I posted that in the forum's general help.

I love this deck. It is very readable for me. I did cut the side borders off the cards. I am happy about that. It took me 20 minutes. It was well worth the time. My eyes feel much better looking at the cards now. I don't mind leaving the top and bottom borders. The sides just had to go. Who made that decision to make this deck with borders? The way it is painted and the way you lay the matches out, borders? Really? Who's brain were they workign in???? OMG! I will be able to take pictures and post them tomomrrow on my day off.

I love the deck. Already last night, my intuitive senses were working because I was looking at the cards. I had a dream (which is unusual for me to dream) and it told me of something to watch out for something good coming my way. It was VERY specific. So maybe the cards are a gateway to another realm?

December_Empress

I love the deck. Already last night, my intuitive senses were working because I was looking at the cards. I had a dream (which is unusual for me to dream) and it told me of something to watch out for something good coming my way. It was VERY specific. So maybe the cards are a gateway to another realm?

Funny you mention that. Last weekend I had dreams two nights in a row that involved colored lights. After the second one I recognized it as having to do with that deck.

Briar Rose

Again, I was looking at the deck last night, and another dream.

I was trying to study the cards with pairs last night (in bed). The way I am understanding the cards is;
I can take them at face value, and just do the simple meanings (like a standard RWS deck)
or I can delve deeply into the cards (which that is what I am doing). Notebook, AT prints out, study group, meanings, effort...

OMG- it's intense. I understand why some people say they can't connect with the deck. I think everyone can really, but time constraints of work/life balance gets in the way. I made the effort to day to get up early (well my dog it that for me) and I made breakfast, cleaned the house and doing laundry, showered and then now I have the rest of the day for folding clothes and STUDYING my new deck.

I am sure everyone here is in this EXACT situation.

I am glad I cut off those side borders. It made a HUGE difference to me.

Briar Rose

FairyLights pairs

Attachments

• FairyLights.1.jpg
    FairyLights.1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 154
  • FairyLights2.jpg
    FairyLights2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 139
  • FairyLights3.jpg
    FairyLights3.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 136
  • FairyLights4.jpg
    FairyLights4.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 128
  • FairyLights6.jpg
    FairyLights6.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 131

Briar Rose

more card pairs

Attachments

• FairyLights7.jpg
    FairyLights7.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 136
  • FairyLights8.jpg
    FairyLights8.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 127

Wintergreen

This is my favourite deck from 2013. It really merits some in-depth study.

I'm kind of sorry I'd put it aside. I'm going to chop the borders off mine as well. But I'll probably go for the full chop.

Briar Rose

I was going to do that, but then I wanted to make sure I got the pairs lined up as I need the symbols. Plus, if you chop off the tops, you will see half of the court cards markers -like crowns and horses and, the minor arcana's group divisions- like pents and cups.

The sides really work well for me with cut off borders.

Also, I posted some pictures of the pairs in the study group. And I am going to (TRY) and go through the deck's pairs in the study group. Or least the ones I am attracted to, or that I find interesting.

December_Empress

Awesome photos, Briar Rose. Thanks for sharing.

lalalibra

Oh myyyy! I was just given these cards from someone who had "painstakingly organized them all into pairs for me." :D So I haven't actually read with it yet; I've only taken a look through the cards... But wow, this deck is so unique. I'm so intrigued by it and yet I also feel overwhelmed! It is SO different. Seriously, bravo to the artist! It feels so very 'otherworldly'... like peering down the rabbit hole. The more I look through it, the more I love it.

herself

This is my favourite deck from 2013. It really merits some in-depth study.

I'm kind of sorry I'd put it aside. I'm going to chop the borders off mine as well. But I'll probably go for the full chop.

I love it too. Just something so interesting and beyond the usual with this deck.