Fans of the Flonz

greatdane

Now that we have it....Thoughts?

I couldn't imagine the card stock would feel so....buttery...it's got this cool softness to it. The calligraphy, I think, lends SO much in making this look like a homemade vintage deck. It still amazes me at the detail on the stamps! I just sit and shuffle and/or look through it when I'm not actually reading with it. Anyone else have anything to add?

Le Fanu

Still waiting... :(

greatdane

I'm so sorry, Le Fanu

It's got to be somewhere and coming to you soon.

Nina*

I love it and have been using it exclusively since I got it.

I totally adore the card stock and the images are just... right.

greatdane

I've just never felt card stock like this before. It's the most amazing stock, hard to describe, it's like you have to feel it. I just sit and shuffle with it because it's such a pleasure to even if I'm not reading!

baylys

Hey folks, I have had a couple of reports about a slight flaw in the laminate on these cards. Apparently the laminate on the corners may lift or peel. This is entirely due to ME when I rounded the corners. I think the corner rounder may have been getting a bit blunt and so did not make perfectly sharp, clean cuts, hence leaving a 'tag' which could then peel.

The way to fix it is to LIGHTLY file the corners with a nail file or similar.

I am sorry this has happened, but pleased it is a simple fix.

greatdane

It's an easy peasy fix, Baylys!

Took me minutes to just lightly use a finishing file on a few little edges. And it's the GREATEST DECK :)). The card stock is ADDICTIVE to shuffle. Reads like a dream. Now I want the linen one too! But no rush. How's tomorrow for you? lol

greatdane

Anyone else find this deck almost addictive!?

Even when I'm not reading with it, I LOVE to shuffle with this deck. While I look forward to, and will DEFINITELY be buying, the smaller linen stock Flonz, this original will always be just perfect :).

baylys

A question to the Flonzers:

Do you use the seeker card?

The reason I ask is that I am planning the mini deck and I want it to be 40 cards (the standard 36, plus the cat, extra man and woman, which makes 39). Should I make the 40th card the seeker or a title card? I was thinking of the GT for the mini and I need to know if I should include the seeker.

Nina*

I'd say that the Seeker is more interesting than a title card.

A mini you say. How about the bridge/poker size on linen cardstock? :)