FAVORITE ORACLE decks as of now...

kittiann

zan_chan said:
My favorite oracle is far and away the Haindl Rune Oracle. It's absolutely stunning to look at. It just takes me away to a different land. A place that's still and silent and cold, but full of mystery that keeps itself hidden from the layman observer.

Such a brilliant deck. A real shame they aren't more readily available or I'd have one on me all the time. :)

I do adore that deck, and I also wish it was more readily available.. for me, it's not worth the trouble to go looking for and paying alot for a copy when the runes system he uses is very different from the one I'm used to, and I just can't get into it. But that art.. too beautiful.

Cerulean

I would have said runes or IChing a few days ago...

But the Shaman's Oracle from John Matthews and Wil Kinghan was a wonderfully different tool that I picked up this weekend.

The dreaming recreation of Palaeolithic and Neolithic pictures with the spirit and energy of images seen in good art books and in an oracular format for self discovery made an impression on me. An art historian writing of such cave paintings from an old art book of 1967 said of such painting;

"Never has the spirit of these animals been better conveyed in art" and I agree. Of course the more abstract human figures hardly appealed to me at first, but in context of ancient rituals where masks and animal headed figures were part of the re-enactment, there is a real beauty to the different art in this deck.

americle

oooh, I just received Madame Endora's cards (cool!) AND Wisdom of the Hidden Realms cards (yummy!) AND Brian Froud's new cards (gorgeous!). All look fantastic. I think I will especially enjoy using the latter two. (see Janet Boyer's review of Hidden Realms here:
http://janetboyer.com/Wisdom_of_the_Hidden_Realms.html )

Thanks for everyone who has responded to this topic. I look forward to hearing about more!

Tamara

MareSaturni

Favorite oracles for the time being: The Playing Card Oracle & Mystical Lenormand

Very likely to become a favorite oracle very soon: Froud's Faeries Oracle

:D

americle

*** bump ***

faunabay

My all time favorite is my froud faeries! That's a given! They are just my friends now. So I have to ignore them for these types of questions...... :p

My favorite oracle, excluding the faeries, is my new Deck of Shadows!! Very cool little deck. I usually am drawn to decks that I can intuitively read the artwork. But this one I have to concentrate more on the words. It's very different for me. I've just gotten it so am not sure how it'll work in the long run, but am very excited to find out!!!

Aulruna

My favourite for myself are the Froud's Faeries, too. They are always very relevant, meaningful and deep. I only received the Heart of Faerie yesterday, but felt an instant connection, so I estimate to hold them in similar regard very soon!

Others I work with a lot are Fairy Pack, Dragonfae, Spirit of the Wheel and the Haindl Rune Oracle. The former two are very pragmatic and the latter two are more immaterial/spiritual.

HearthCricket

I have a few favourites. Froud's Faeries and Heart of Faerie, Madame Endora, Spirit of the Wheel, Oracle of the Dragonfae and the new Shaman's Oracle. For me the Madame Endora is very much a divination tool, while the others are decks I use more on a personal level. :)

Dusk Till Dawn

I have a few also, Luman Deck, Deck of Shadows, Dragonfae,Wisdom of the Hidden Realms,Tree Affirmations and the Graven Images Oracle.

Libra8ca

My favourite oracles are the "Enchanted Oracle" and "Madame Endora". I really like the colours and artwork in the Enchanted Oracle as well as the interpretations given in the accompanying book. Some of the decks mentioned in this thread I have not heard of but I will have to check them out now!