Favourite Pack for meditation / magic use

Freddie

Hi All,

I was wondering which packs you all use for meditation and magical purposes. I don't do magic, but I do sometimes use a card with a lit candle to promote certain energies. Is it a special pack that you mainly keep to yourself or your reading deck?

I use 'Le Tarot d'Oswald Wirth' , a majors pack made by Editions De L'aigle. I am a fan of Oswald Wirth and I find the art and smbolism totally suited to my taste.

What other decks ouyt there are good for more than just divination? I do use this deck for divination at times for myself.

Freddie

Attachments

• TOW3.jpg
    TOW3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 147
  • TOW4.jpg
    TOW4.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 104
  • TOW5.jpg
    TOW5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 93
  • TOW12.jpg
    TOW12.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 89
  • TOW18.jpg
    TOW18.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 106

Parzival

Favorite For Meditation

All Golden Dawn Decks will work meditatively and magically, including the two pillars of Waite/Smith and Crowley/Harris. Also, Buddha and Rumi tarots, from a more Eastern angle. But personally I like the Golden Botticelli for meditative one-card draws. And the colorful Voyager. And the church of light colored Egyptian-styled deck. Lots to choose from.... Tarot is essntially meditative and magical.

Sulis

The deck I use for magic is The Glastonbury Tarot. I use this deck because the images are simple, the keywords are positive and it uses the same or similar colour correspondences as I use myself.

Carla

I use the Robin Wood for magic. I just like it for that use, I don't know why.

Pandora MoonRaven

I tend to use my illuminated, love how it sparkles in the candlelight. I also use New Orleans Voodoo tarot, I like all the Loa/Ancestors.

Cerulean

Been thinking about this

I thought a really colorful or strong astrological tarot would be helpful -say Celestial.

But if I were thinking of one that gives me clear images, an attractive inspiration, I would say ones with all pictures, suit symbols, , slightly simplified...for some inspiration, I like the pretty period Dotti Tarorchino and sibilla decks, remind me of picture book illustrations.

I think if I wanted modern scenes, the Law of Attraction deck works. If I want pleasant relational images, Tarot of Love works. I would have to think if just one works for me.

Cerulean

Carla

It's occurred to me lately that the Herbal Tarot might be good for magic, particularly if you like to grind and burn herbs as part of your practice. :)

NikkiB

Gaian
illuminated
Glastonbury
Haindl

so many magical decks who can choose lol!

nisaba

The Servants of the Light is purpose-built for this, and is King!