Fin De Siecle Kipper Significator?

tarotlova

Hello, I have Ciro's new Kipper my first Kipper deck and I would like to know do you always have to take a card out as a significator in particular when you are reading for yourself. I have never used a significator in Tarot or in my Lenormand readings but from what I can gather it is important to do this with the Kipper cards. Plus what type of spreads besides the GT do other people use? :?: :)

WolfyJames

You don't need to take the significator card out for personal reading, unless you're using a spread that says you should. I don't know where you've heard that but it's not true that the significator card has to to be out.

You can use the same spreads from the Petit Lenormand with the Kipper.

Also, the Petit Lenormand has more than the GT spread, it has many many spreads, like the 3 cards spread, 9 cards spread, etc. Or these ones:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=17718

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=23962

tarotlova

You don't need to take the significator card out for personal reading, unless you're using a spread that says you should. I don't know where you've heard that but it's not true that the significator card has to to be out.

You can use the same spreads from the Petit Lenormand with the Kipper.

Also, the Petit Lenormand has more than the GT spread, it has many many spreads, like the 3 cards spread, 9 cards spread, etc. Or these ones:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=17718

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=23962

Thanks Wolfy, I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos and I think it was that German guy Makiel? I myself rarely do the GT when I use Lenormand I read it the way Tatiania outlined it in her deck Titanias Fortune Cards and I do the 9, 7 card readings too. :)

purple_scorp

Hi tarotlova,

My very first deck....ever.....was that Titania's deck you speak about.....Fortune Cards. So, like you, I always read using the spreads (7, 9 & 36) from that little gold book because I didn't even know there was a Grand Tableau.

(Want to know something funny? I just checked in the Deck Review section here at ATF and you and I have both done reviews on Titania's Fortune Cards deck!)

Anyway, I wanted to say that I now also have Ciro's Reverie and Kipper decks. I also purchased the Reverie reading cloth from Ciro's website and it is absolutely fantastic. He also has a Kipper reading cloth (damn, I must have overlooked that when I purchased the other). Both cloths have the cards printed in the Grand Tableau format (with card number 1 appearing in the upper-left corner).

I've never taken the significator card out of any of my decks for any readings but I did decide to focus on it the other day.

Using the Reverie (but would also work in the Kipper), I laid out all of the cards in the Grand Tableu format on the reading cloth. Then, I found the woman (significator). I just decided to read the immediate surrounding cards and turned it into a Titania-style 9 card reading (so read 3 x 3 rows, then 3 x 3 columns, then 2 x 3 diagonally). Now here's where the advantage of using the reading cloth comes in....I could also read each card as a combination of the card it covered on the reading cloth.

I was just going to leave it there as the sitter said it answered her question. But then she said her eye was drawn to the Child card (which was outside of the 9 cards I'd read). So, I did a kind of chain reading, meaning....I lifted the Child to see what Card it covered on the cloth. It was the Fish. So then I looked under the Fish card and found the Book. Then I looked under the Book card etc etc. I thought it might have gone on and on but it came back to the Child card after about 6 cards. I strung the combinations together in a sentence as a kind of extended reading to the first part.

Now, the Kipper and Le Normand purists might not be happy with my modified reading styles but at the end of the day, the sitter really identified with the reading and she said it was very accurate.

If you used my method, of finding the significator amongst the 36 cards and focusing just on the 8 surrounding cards, you could change significators and make the centre card any card.....say you want to know about a relationship, find the ring.....or you want to know about moving house, find the house.

with love

tarotlova

Thanks Purple_Scorp, yes I remember you! Gosh we have both been on here awhile! Thanks for the detailed description, that makes perfect sense to me and I think I will try that method. I will take a look at those reading cloths too as no one has ever really described how they work & can work like you have just done. I'm glad that I am not the only one who didn't know about The Grand Tableau! :) I myself am not to big on tradition as long as it works and the sitter is happy who are other people to complain about it, I find I get more info out of Titania's way then the Grand, the latter seems to jumpy for me for want of a better word Titania's way flows beautifully for me. I have Ciro's Reverie too, I just love it along with his Gilded Tarot. :) Off to look at those cloths.....

purple_scorp

Hi tarotlova,

oh you sound a lot like me. I'm not one for traditions or rituals either. That's why I was first drawn to Titania's deck and why most of my collection are Oracle, rather than Tarot decks. When I was first learning how to read the Fortune Cards, I created a huge spreadsheet with all of the cards along the top and all of the cards along the side. Then, I put the combination meaning in the intersecting cells. It was so helpful.....a bit cumbersome in size (to fit everything in) 12 x A4 sheets double-sided. So, 6 sheets glued together on each side, then laminated.

Even though I went on to purchase other Le Normand-style decks, I would still apply the Fortune Card meanings to my readings (which differ to the traditional meanings just slightly). Do you do the same?

Pity the Australian exchange rate is so crap at the moment as it adds so many dollars onto purchasing anything overseas. But I can tell you that I am very happy with the Reverie reading cloth. It is truly beautiful material and has a plain side (richly gold in colour) and the patterned (card side). The reading I wrote about was my first with the cloth and the deck and the sitter was very impressed and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful they both were.

I would really love the Kipper reading cloth too. It has silver fabric on the other side. Hmm....thinking, thinking...I just spent a whole whack of money getting Oracle of Visions, the Reverie and the Kipper! (Have you seen the Oracle of Visions, you will probably like that too.) I so wish I'd bought the Reverie from Ciro - unfortunately I only have the commercial version (so no extra cards).

Hey, as an alternative to purchasing the cloth (or until your cloth arrives - if you purchase one), you could lay your Titania Cards out in the Grand Tableau format and then lay the Reverie Cards over the top.

Did you download Ciro's Kipper application? I haven't downloaded it yet but it's one of the reasons why I was drawn to the deck. I love all of Ciro's animations they really bring the cards to life. I'm on holidays at the moment so might try to download it this morning.

with love

tarotlova

Yes I use the meanings from the Fortune cards, more so then the traditional meanings which I use sometimes it depends on the question asked but I find the Fortune meanings fit better and are more up to date so to speak with the times we live in now. Good idea of laying cards on top the Lenormand! Yes I have downloaded the PDF of the Kipper and it is really good, I would of liked a few more spreads though to try out but I think I will just try it out the Titania way. This is the first week that hubby has gone back to work after Christmas so I have some time now on my own to experiment. Oh the exchange rate! :mad: There is something else I want to buy too but I think I will wait for awhile longer :)

frelkins

Yes I have downloaded the PDF of the Kipper and it is really good, I would of liked a few more spreads though to try out but I think I will just try it out the Titania way.

Very happy to hear you like our companion book, tarotlova! :D We worked really hard to make it useful. I have offered several more spreads for Kipper by now & after my trip to the German national playing card museum, where I was able to look at historical books & decks that exist almost no where else I have a few more to offer. Look for a 16-card one next week from an older book. :D Ty for your kinds words & positive support. :D Very grateful.

tarotlova

Very happy to hear you like our companion book, tarotlova! :D We worked really hard to make it useful. I have offered several more spreads for Kipper by now & after my trip to the German national playing card museum, where I was able to look at historical books & decks that exist almost no where else I have a few more to offer. Look for a 16-card one next week from an older book. :D Ty for your kinds words & positive support. :D Very grateful.

Your welcome :) I look forward to more spreads! Are you going to post them on here?

frelkins

Your welcome :) I look forward to more spreads! Are you going to post them on here?

Hi!

Sorry for the delayed reply - Just back from a long trip in Germany, to Bonn! :D No, it's too hard to post spreads here in this editor, so I make videos. I have about 8 hours of Kipper video in English now for you all. :D Best wishes.